moderated Please

mona

I hope it was this group that had an email about the $50 Office 365  Could you please repost?

Mona

It wasn't either this group or Microsoft 365, which is a subscription only product.

The post was about Office 2021, and the link given was:  https://shop.popsci.com/sales/microsoft-office-professional-plus-2021-for-windows

     ~ Lauren Bacall

Mike B.

Here you go, it was on the other JAWS list:

From: Cristóbal
Hello list,

I know the topic of MS Office licenses has come up recently. As was mentioned, it appears that the eBay option to snag Office keys on the cheap for all practical purposes is dead. I chimed in that I still saw sales pop up on deal sites from time to time. Well, this came across my RSS feeds yesterday evening so I thought I’d pass it along in case anyone was in need of an 2021 Office license. Not sure if it’s still active, but these deals do come about fairly frequently. It's just a matter of keeping tabs on the right sites.

Cristobal

Popular Science - Sunday, April 10, 2022

Score a lifetime license to Microsoft Office for just $50

There are over 1 billion Microsoft Office users worldwide, and for good reason. The reigning office suite offers an unparalleled bevy of functionalities that help professionals everywhere execute various administrative tasks, including but not limited to data analysis, presentation creation, document formatting, remote collaboration, and email management. Microsoft Office is present in not just workplaces, but homes, too, as even students benefit from the features it provides.

It’s hard to find a working computer without this software, perhaps except for new devices that don’t come with preinstalled licenses. In this case, you have to take matters into your own hands and procure your own subscription, but the caveat is they don’t exactly come in cheap. Except, of course, if you take advantage of this exclusive deal. For a limited time, you can score this Microsoft Office Home & Business for Mac or Windows: Lifetime License for 85-percent off.

Whether you’re a Mac or Windows user, this 5/5 star deal nets you lifelong access to the Microsoft Office apps you know and love. It includes licenses to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and OneNote. It’s also ideal for families, students, and small businesses who want to take advantage of what the suite can offer. Format unlimited documents on Word, crunch numbers and perform data analysis on Excel, collaborate with teammates on Teams, get to inbox zero with Outlook, and accomplish so much more.

With purchase, you get access to your software license keys and download links almost instantly, allowing you to enjoy the apps right away. As a bonus, you even receive free customer service whenever you need troubleshooting.

Lifetime licenses to Microsoft Office normally set you back $349. But with this deal, you can score unlimited access for only $49.99. Head on over here for a Professional 2021 license for Windows, and here for a Home a Business 2021 license for Mac.

Prices subject to change.

https://www.popsci.com/sponsored-post/microsoft-office-lifetime-license-sale/

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

I hope it was this group that had an email about the $50 Office 365  Could you please repost?

Mona

Amir Shah

Can somebody help me how to create a folder on desktop using jaws

From: Cristóbal
Hello list,

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 07:29 PM, Amir Shah wrote:
Can somebody help me how to create a folder on desktop using jaws
-
Open File Explorer
Navigate to Desktop
Activate New Folder control and type the name.

All Windows based, nothing from JAWS.

     ~ Lauren Bacall

Amir Shah

Ok thanks

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 07:29 PM, Amir Shah wrote:

Can somebody help me how to create a folder on desktop using jaws

-
Open File Explorer
Navigate to Desktop
Activate New Folder control and type the name.

All Windows based, nothing from JAWS.

     ~ Lauren Bacall

Mike B.

Or, while on your desktop make sure nothing is selected and press Control, Shift + N, type the name of the folder and press enter.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 07:29 PM, Amir Shah wrote:
Can somebody help me how to create a folder on desktop using jaws
-
Open File Explorer
Navigate to Desktop
Activate New Folder control and type the name.

All Windows based, nothing from JAWS.

     ~ Lauren Bacall

Dave Durber

Amir:

You do not need to use File Explorer, to create a folder on the Desktop. When you are on the Desktop, use the Windows Short Cut keystroke, CTRL+SHIFT+N. An edit field is opened, type the folder name, and press ENTER,  to create the new folder on the Desktop.

Dave

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 07:29 PM, Amir Shah wrote:

Can somebody help me how to create a folder on desktop using jaws

-
Open File Explorer
Navigate to Desktop
Activate New Folder control and type the name.

All Windows based, nothing from JAWS.

     ~ Lauren Bacall

Dave Durber

Mike:

You can use the CTRL+SHIFT+N Windows shortcut command, even if something is selected on the Desktop.

Dave

Or, while on your desktop make sure nothing is selected and press Control, Shift + N, type the name of the folder and press enter.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 07:29 PM, Amir Shah wrote:
Can somebody help me how to create a folder on desktop using jaws
-
Open File Explorer
Navigate to Desktop
Activate New Folder control and type the name.

All Windows based, nothing from JAWS.

     ~ Lauren Bacall

Mike B.

Hi Dave,

You know, I'm so used to making sure nothing is selected on the desktop to access the context menu, I just flat out never tried creating a folder with something selected!  LOL  LOL
Thanks for the heads-up!

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 02:24 AM, Dave Durber wrote:
You do not need to use File Explorer, to create a folder on the Desktop.
-
Just to be clear, I never claimed you did.

But all of the "make sure nothing's selected, etc." checks are not necessary if you do use File Explorer, and I wanted to give the quickest set of instructions I could.

As the contributions to this topic point out, again, Windows virtually always gives multiple methods to accomplish the same ends.  None are wrong, none are best; it comes down to choosing the one or ones you are the most comfortable with using.

     ~ Lauren Bacall

Mike B.

Hi Brian,

Dave was responding to the steps I posted stating to make sure nothing was selected on the desktop then press, Control, Shift + N.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 02:24 AM, Dave Durber wrote:
You do not need to use File Explorer, to create a folder on the Desktop.
-
Just to be clear, I never claimed you did.

But all of the "make sure nothing's selected, etc." checks are not necessary if you do use File Explorer, and I wanted to give the quickest set of instructions I could.

As the contributions to this topic point out, again, Windows virtually always gives multiple methods to accomplish the same ends.  None are wrong, none are best; it comes down to choosing the one or ones you are the most comfortable with using.

     ~ Lauren Bacall

JM Casey

Just as a point of interest – is not the desktop itself a mere function of file explorer?

I am pretty sure that every time you use the desktop, examine your drive system, or invoke the run command, you are utilising the file explorer shell.

One of a few reasons I am pretty certain of this is that, well, whenever file explorer crashes, all of these things stop working simultaneously.

Luckily the task manager has its own independent run function and can be used to easily restart file explorer – at which point you’ll find your focus … on the dekstop.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 02:24 AM, Dave Durber wrote:

You do not need to use File Explorer, to create a folder on the Desktop.

-
Just to be clear, I never claimed you did.

But all of the "make sure nothing's selected, etc." checks are not necessary if you do use File Explorer, and I wanted to give the quickest set of instructions I could.

As the contributions to this topic point out, again, Windows virtually always gives multiple methods to accomplish the same ends.  None are wrong, none are best; it comes down to choosing the one or ones you are the most comfortable with using.

     ~ Lauren Bacall

JM Casey

What you are describing is a part of file explorer, though.