From: Orlando Enrique Fiol via groups.io [mailto:ofiol=verizon.net@groups.io]
Subject: perplexing punctuation problem
Date: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 11:56 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Merry Christmas, y'all.
I'm experiencing a perplexing punctuation problem with JAWS 2022 and
Windows 10. My Customize Punctuation list contains only 72 entries, but
my girl's contains 194. In attempts to repopulate my punctuation list,
I've deleted all .sibil files, renamed my Settings directory and started
from scratch, uninstalled and reinstalled JAWS. The only time when my
punctuation list reaches 194 entries is when I delete/rename my settings
directory and start over. That only lasts until I restart JAWS; then,
the list returns to only 72 items.
Can any of you fantastic folks check your punctuation lists to see if
they contain 72 or 194 entries? Then, if anyone's list indeed contains
194 entries for different symbols, how can I match that?

Thanks,
Orlando

.

Ben Moxey

Hi Orlando

I've got 194, too. Have you tried using the "Restore Defaults" button in the
Customise Punctuation dialog box?

Cheers

Ben

I'm experiencing a perplexing punctuation problem with JAWS 2022 and Windows
10. My Customize Punctuation list contains only 72 entries, but my girl's
contains 194. In attempts to repopulate my punctuation list, I've deleted
all .sibil files, renamed my Settings directory and started from scratch,
uninstalled and reinstalled JAWS. The only time when my punctuation list
reaches 194 entries is when I delete/rename my settings directory and start
over. That only lasts until I restart JAWS; then, the list returns to only
72 items.
Can any of you fantastic folks check your punctuation lists to see if they
contain 72 or 194 entries? Then, if anyone's list indeed contains 194
entries for different symbols, how can I match that?

Thanks,
Orlando

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 02:29 PM 12/22/2021, Ben Moxey wrote:
I've got 194, too. Have you tried using the "Restore Defaults" button in the
Customise Punctuation dialog box?

I have indeed tried restoring defaults, to no avail. The plot thickens, though. Even when my punctuation list numbers only 72 entries, the settings for the missing entries are still applied; I know this because, depending on the speech synthesizer, the 194 punctuation list entries sometimes load. Go figure!
Orlando Enrique Fiol
Charlotte, North Carolina
Ph.D. in Music theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090

Adrian Spratt

At 02:29 PM 12/22/2021, Ben Moxey wrote:
>I've got 194, too. Have you tried using the "Restore Defaults" button in the >Customise Punctuation dialog box?

I have indeed tried restoring defaults, to no avail. The plot thickens, though. Even when my punctuation list numbers only 72 entries, the settings for the missing entries are still applied; I know this because, depending on the speech synthesizer, the 194 punctuation list entries sometimes load. Go figure!
Orlando Enrique Fiol
Charlotte, North Carolina
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist and Pedagogue Ph.D. in Music theory University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090

Bill White

The punctuation list is a list of punctuation symbols which you can modify
individually to determine if, and how they are spoken with JAWS.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

Basic question: What is the punctuation list?

At 02:29 PM 12/22/2021, Ben Moxey wrote:
>I've got 194, too. Have you tried using the "Restore Defaults" button in
the >Customise Punctuation dialog box?

I have indeed tried restoring defaults, to no avail. The plot thickens,
though. Even when my punctuation list numbers only 72 entries, the settings
for the missing entries are still applied; I know this because, depending on
the speech synthesizer, the 194 punctuation list entries sometimes load. Go
figure!
Orlando Enrique Fiol
Charlotte, North Carolina
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist and Pedagogue Ph.D. in Music
theory University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090

Mike B.

Hi Adrian,

Open Settings Center default all applications.

Down arrow to, Punctuation 14 of 27, right arrow to open.

Down arrow to, customize punctuation..., and press the spacebar to open.  Heare you can adjust the levels of 194 different punctuations.
Note:  Do not press enter!  If you press enter the Settings Center will close, so use the spacebar.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2021 12:08 PM

At 02:29 PM 12/22/2021, Ben Moxey wrote:
 >I've got 194, too. Have you tried using the "Restore Defaults" button in the  >Customise Punctuation dialog box?

I have indeed tried restoring defaults, to no avail. The plot thickens, though. Even when my punctuation list numbers only 72 entries, the settings for the missing entries are still applied; I know this because, depending on the speech synthesizer, the 194 punctuation list entries sometimes load. Go figure!
Orlando Enrique Fiol
Charlotte, North Carolina
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist and Pedagogue Ph.D. in Music theory University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090

Adrian Spratt

Ah, so that’s what it meant! Thanks.

Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2021 12:08 PM

At 02:29 PM 12/22/2021, Ben Moxey wrote:
 >I've got 194, too. Have you tried using the "Restore Defaults" button in the  >Customise Punctuation dialog box?

I have indeed tried restoring defaults, to no avail. The plot thickens, though. Even when my punctuation list numbers only 72 entries, the settings for the missing entries are still applied; I know this because, depending on the speech synthesizer, the 194 punctuation list entries sometimes load. Go figure!
Orlando Enrique Fiol
Charlotte, North Carolina
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist and Pedagogue Ph.D. in Music theory University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090

Dennis Brown

Just a question... Are you using English language version? I don't know if
it would matter if you were using Spanish, or some other language, but
thought I'd ask.
Dennis

https://www.avg.com