Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 1:37 AM
Subject: Re: Permission to delete a folder

Hello,

try command + shift + delete

this should work

Klaus

On 6/22/2020 6:01 AM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
I am trying to delete a folder from My Music and I keep getting a "Permission Denied.  I must get permission from Marty PC to modify this folder"  I am the administrator of this computer.  Wouldn't I have permission to do anything?  this is a Windows 7 computer with the latest JAWS 2020.

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 10:37 AM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
What would be the equivalent key stroke for my Windows PC?

If SHIFT+DEL won't do it, then try one of the tutorials returned by:

See:  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=force+delete+windows

The most comprehensive one (which can be more confusing at times) is:  https://windowsedition.com/force-delete-files-folders-windows-10/

I use either Command Prompt or PowerShell, running with elevated admin permission, and the DEL command with the switches noted in most cases if SHIFT+DEL won't work.  If push comes to shove, then it's Safe Mode.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Glenn / Lenny

Before I went to rebooting in safe mode, I'd just reboot and log in as the user for which the folder belongs to.
Glenn