Topics

moderated Permision to delete a folder

Marty Hutchings

I am trying to delete a folder from My Music and I keep getting a "Permission Denied.  I must get permission from Marty PC to modify this folder"  I am the administrator of this computer.  Wouldn't I have permission to do anything?  this is a Windows 7 computer with the latest JAWS 2020.

Glenn / Lenny

You should be able to press alt + enter on it and turn off any protection, such as "read only".
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 11:01 PM
Subject: Permision to delete a folder

I am trying to delete a folder from My Music and I keep getting a "Permission Denied.  I must get permission from Marty PC to modify this folder"  I am the administrator of this computer.  Wouldn't I have permission to do anything?  this is a Windows 7 computer with the latest JAWS 2020.

Klaus Vielhauer

Hello,

try comand + shift + delete

this should work

Klaus

On 6/22/2020 6:01 AM, Marty Hutchings wrote:

john.falter

Probably the folder or something inside the folder is in use.

On 6/22/2020 12:01 AM, Marty Hutchings wrote:

Virus-free. www.avast.com

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 04:01 PM, john.falter wrote:
Probably the folder or something inside the folder is in use.
-
Were that the case, the message from Windows generally states that something's in use.  There are times, and it looks like this may be one, where permissions have become screwed up in some way, particularly if Marty is logged in as the same user that the file is supposed to belong to.

I will be curious to hear what the final method of resolution is.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss