Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 11:01 PM
Subject: Permision to delete a folder

I am trying to delete a folder from My Music and I keep getting a "Permission Denied.  I must get permission from Marty PC to modify this folder"  I am the administrator of this computer.  Wouldn't I have permission to do anything?  this is a Windows 7 computer with the latest JAWS 2020.

Klaus Vielhauer

Hello,

try comand + shift + delete

this should work

Klaus

On 6/22/2020 6:01 AM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
I am trying to delete a folder from My Music and I keep getting a "Permission Denied.  I must get permission from Marty PC to modify this folder"  I am the administrator of this computer.  Wouldn't I have permission to do anything?  this is a Windows 7 computer with the latest JAWS 2020.

john.falter

Probably the folder or something inside the folder is in use.

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 04:01 PM, john.falter wrote:
Probably the folder or something inside the folder is in use.
-
Were that the case, the message from Windows generally states that something's in use.  There are times, and it looks like this may be one, where permissions have become screwed up in some way, particularly if Marty is logged in as the same user that the file is supposed to belong to.

I will be curious to hear what the final method of resolution is.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss