moderated PDF files open in MS Edge

kevin meyers

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10 and Jaws2021. Since the last update to Windows all PDF files I open occurs in MS Edge. Is there a way to setup so the PDF files open in Acrobat reader?

Thanks,

Kevin

Bill White

Hi, Kevin. Yes, there is.

1. Find a pdf file on your computer.

2. With the file highlighted or selected, press ALT plus ENTER to open properties.

3. Press ENTER on the Change button in properties.

4. Choose Adobe Reader from the choices.

5. Press ENTER on Apply, and again on OK.

Now pdf's should open in Adobe reader.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10 and Jaws2021. Since the last update to Windows all PDF files I open occurs in MS Edge. Is there a way to setup so the PDF files open in Acrobat reader?

Thanks,

Kevin

kevin meyers

Thanks Bill! That worked!

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10 and Jaws2021. Since the last update to Windows all PDF files I open occurs in MS Edge. Is there a way to setup so the PDF files open in Acrobat reader?

Thanks,

Kevin

CJ &AA MAY

Thanks, Bill, I too will find this really useful.

Alison

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10 and Jaws2021. Since the last update to Windows all PDF files I open occurs in MS Edge. Is there a way to setup so the PDF files open in Acrobat reader?

Thanks,

Kevin

Mike B

Hi Bill,

Where are you supposed to find the, Change button?  I'm not finding any, Change button, on any of the tabs.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10 and Jaws2021. Since the last update to Windows all PDF files I open occurs in MS Edge. Is there a way to setup so the PDF files open in Acrobat reader?

Thanks,

Kevin

Bill White

Hi, Mike. The Change button is in the Properties of the pdf file, not in Adobe reader.

1. Find a pdf file.

2. Press ALT plus ENTER for Properties.

3. SHIFT plus TAB to find the Change button.

4. Press ENTER on the Change button.

5. Choose Adobe Reader from the choices of what app will open the pdf.

6. TAB to Apply, and press ENTER.

7. TAB to OK, and press ENTER.

Now any pdf should open in Adobe reader.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...