moderated Paying bills on line: on line:

Angel

One of my banking accounts is with Capital One; which is accessible using Jaws.  The bank makes a point of advertising this.  PayPal is a fine vehicle which can be used to pay friends and family for things.  Lack of adequate security is one of the reasons not to use paper checks at all.  Particularly in view of the fact their security can be so easily compromised.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Avast logo

Gene Warner

Yeah, I read their accessibility statement and was impressed, I am thinking of going with them for my new bank.

I noticed that TD Bank has an arrangement with Aira such that Aira assistance is free if you are doing banking chores with them. I wonder if that means you need Aira to do anything with them or if they are just as committed to accessibility as Capital One is.

Gene...

On 7/28/2022 5:44 PM, Angel wrote:
One of my banking accounts is with Capital One; which is accessible using Jaws.  The bank makes a point of advertising this.  PayPal is a fine vehicle which can be used to pay friends and family for things. Lack of adequate security is one of the reasons not to use paper checks at all.  Particularly in view of the fact their security can be so easily compromised.
Avast logo <https://www.avast.com/antivirus>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Tyler Wood

I'm still shocked America doesn't have such a thing as Canada, E-Transfers. I can navigate to my bank, enter someone's email or phone number and have the money sent directly through my bank without needing a third party solution such as the case with the United states. It's quick, easy and I've never had to pay an extra fee to do so.
I use pay pal, but there seems to be an extra fee for literally anything unless you're paying for goods and services. Sending this way means that the person you pay gets the fee deducted from their payout and the person who sends you the money can dispute it at any time. Friends and family, aka similar to E-transfer, incurs a fee of $3 USD (or more!)
I'd still rather have both of these solutions as a posed to paper check. I'd switch banks in a heartbeat if they were required.

[...]

Yeah, the USA is behind the rest of the world in some many ways that I'm surprised that we aren't considered part of the developing world.

Gene...

On 7/29/2022 12:29 PM, Tyler Wood wrote:
[...]

Mich Verrier

Yes I pay my bills on line how ever I agree with what you have said this is why Canada doesn't have things like cash app or things like that since we have e transfers. From Mich.