Topics

moderated passwored software I can use in a windows pre-installation environment

Dave Durber

Hello everyone:

One of my friends, whose wife recently died,had a computer with 2 accounts set up in windows 10. I have 2 questions regarding this computer:

Question 1. The other day, I helped my friend turn off the welcome screen for the administrator account for that computer. I used the n e t p l w i z utility to do this. When my friend next turned on the computer, he was presented with a log on screen, presumably, the password edit field , for the other account in Windows 10.

How would my friend , access the administrator account which bypasses the log on screen for the administrator account.

Question 2. My friend does not know the password for the other account in Windows 10. What program can I use, in a windows Pre-installation Environment to change the password?

Thank you for any suggestions and help.

Dave durber

Shan Noyes

My suggestion would be to give Microsoft accessibility help desk a call.  They are very helpful, and they have the ability to set up a remote session on to the computer and help you out.  and besides Microsoft would know the answers to how to get into the admin account etc.

Have a good day.

Sorry to hear about your friend’s loss.

WARNING, this email originated from outside of SaskTel.
Do not click links or open attachments unless you trust the sender and believe the contents are safe.

[...]

NOTICE: This confidential e-mail message is only for the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other use of this message, is strictly prohibited. In such case, please destroy this message and notify the sender.

Glenn / Lenny

Wrong,
Microsoft won't do that for anyone, and in fact, they cannot because nobody can without a crack software program and Microsoft would obviously not want this software to be used.
There are a couple of them on the talking WinPE disk.
You can't get the password, but you can change them, and then reboot and log in with the new password.
Glenn

[...]

Glen:

I can find 2 programs for finding product key information on the talking W P E disk/USB drive, but no program for changing the passwords for any accounts for Windows 10. If you know the name of the program which will change account passwords, please let me know.

Dave

[...]

Chntpw is one I have used.
It is readily findable on-line, just be mindful of the source you download it from.
Glenn

[...]

Can you use this program in a Windows Pre-Installation Environment?

Dave

[...]

Gmail Jonas

If you can find a portable version it will work!

[...]

You should be able to.
If you have to install it, it'll do the install, but won't be there the next time you boot up.
Seems to me that it does not install though, just a single utility.
Glenn