moderated password for folders?

Andrew J. LaPointe

Hello, I am using Jaws current version along with Windows 10 and Officer
365. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to place a password on a folder
within my hard drive so no one can access the files in that folder? I
played around with it but,I don't want to mess it up and cause me pulling my
hair out of my head. Truly appreciate any help or direction to go. Andy
and Leroy

Andrew J. LaPointe, President
Friends of the Salem Council on Aging
34 Raymond Ave.
Salem, MA. 01970
Home: 978-745-4289 cell: 978-578-0185

Talking Information Center

You really can't do this, per se, without third party software or really convoluted workarounds.  VeraCrypt is one good third party, and open-source, option if you're intent on doing this.  I can't speak to its accessibility, as I don't use it myself and I rely on Windows (and the physical security of my machine, to which I control access) as my primary measures.

Once Windows began substantial enforcement of both file ownership and separate user IDs on a given machine it is the logging in to a specific user ID that is the primary way of keeping others who might use the same machine out of your stuff, and you out of theirs.

    ~ William Plomer

Dan Longmore

Hi,
Office 365 has a personal vault folder in which you can place files and
folders. The vault has a separate password and once you open the vault it
has a limited time that it remains open. You can set the time and once it
closes you must re enter the password to again access the files and folders
in the personal vault. You can add files and folders at different times
and the password is needed each time.

Dan