Topics

moderated Parler


Adrian Spratt
 

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

 

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

 

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

 

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore

 



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Andy
 


What is interesting is that before that happened Parler was the number 1 download in the app store.
 
Andy
 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

 

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

 

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

 

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore

 



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Bill Tessore
 

Actually, only the Parler app has been removed from the Apple App Store. being an independent company, Apple has no power to eliminate the Parler platform. One can still go to Parler.com and login there. As for signup accessibility, I’ve not tried that yet as I’ve been studying its About page and Policies statement. So I’ll hav to look into it. If it is an issue, then I’ll try pointing it out for resolution. It’s my impression the owner and company still value ALL their users enough to meet everyone’s needs they can.

Shalom,



Bill Tessore
billtessore@...


On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:46 PM, Andy <wq6r@...> wrote:


What is interesting is that before that happened Parler was the number 1 download in the app store.
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

 

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

 

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

 

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore

 



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Andy
 


Parler uses Amazon Web Services as their server, and AWS also canceled them.
 
Andy
 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

Actually, only the Parler app has been removed from the Apple App Store. being an independent company, Apple has no power to eliminate the Parler platform. One can still go to Parler.com and login there. As for signup accessibility, I’ve not tried that yet as I’ve been studying its About page and Policies statement. So I’ll hav to look into it. If it is an issue, then I’ll try pointing it out for resolution. It’s my impression the owner and company still value ALL their users enough to meet everyone’s needs they can.

Shalom,



Bill Tessore
billtessore@...


On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:46 PM, Andy <wq6r@...> wrote:


What is interesting is that before that happened Parler was the number 1 download in the app store.
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Lino Morales
 

Bill. Parler is also been axed from the Google play store. They have an audio CAPTCHA. On the web it will be offline for a week cause in their infinite greatness Amazon pulled their survers they were using.

On 1/10/2021 2:14 AM, Bill Tessore wrote:
Actually, only the Parler app has been removed from the Apple App Store. being an independent company, Apple has no power to eliminate the Parler platform. One can still go to Parler.com and login there. As for signup accessibility, I’ve not tried that yet as I’ve been studying its About page and Policies statement. So I’ll hav to look into it. If it is an issue, then I’ll try pointing it out for resolution. It’s my impression the owner and company still value ALL their users enough to meet everyone’s needs they can.

Shalom,



Bill Tessore


On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:46 PM, Andy <wq6r@...> wrote:


What is interesting is that before that happened Parler was the number 1 download in the app store.
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

 

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

 

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

 

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore

 



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Hope Williamson
 

Hi, I've never been able to sign up for Parler. If they do have an Audio CAPTCHA, that option has never come up for me, ever.

On 1/10/2021 6:22 AM, Lino Morales wrote:

Bill. Parler is also been axed from the Google play store. They have an audio CAPTCHA. On the web it will be offline for a week cause in their infinite greatness Amazon pulled their survers they were using.

On 1/10/2021 2:14 AM, Bill Tessore wrote:
Actually, only the Parler app has been removed from the Apple App Store. being an independent company, Apple has no power to eliminate the Parler platform. One can still go to Parler.com and login there. As for signup accessibility, I’ve not tried that yet as I’ve been studying its About page and Policies statement. So I’ll hav to look into it. If it is an issue, then I’ll try pointing it out for resolution. It’s my impression the owner and company still value ALL their users enough to meet everyone’s needs they can.

Shalom,



Bill Tessore


On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:46 PM, Andy <wq6r@...> wrote:


What is interesting is that before that happened Parler was the number 1 download in the app store.
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

 

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

 

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

 

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore

 



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Hope Williamson
 

I don't want to start a debate on deplatformming, which I definitely don't support, but I think this is why the open web is necessary, now more than ever.

On 1/10/2021 6:22 AM, Lino Morales wrote:

Bill. Parler is also been axed from the Google play store. They have an audio CAPTCHA. On the web it will be offline for a week cause in their infinite greatness Amazon pulled their survers they were using.

On 1/10/2021 2:14 AM, Bill Tessore wrote:
Actually, only the Parler app has been removed from the Apple App Store. being an independent company, Apple has no power to eliminate the Parler platform. One can still go to Parler.com and login there. As for signup accessibility, I’ve not tried that yet as I’ve been studying its About page and Policies statement. So I’ll hav to look into it. If it is an issue, then I’ll try pointing it out for resolution. It’s my impression the owner and company still value ALL their users enough to meet everyone’s needs they can.

Shalom,



Bill Tessore


On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:46 PM, Andy <wq6r@...> wrote:


What is interesting is that before that happened Parler was the number 1 download in the app store.
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

 

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

 

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

 

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore

 



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Bill Tessore
 

Yes, I attempted to sign up last night on there homepage, but the link didn’t go anywhere. when I realized I was still on the homepage I clicked on the support link and sent them a message about it. I guess I will just have to wait and see if  they get back to me.

Shalom,



Bill Tessore
billtessore@...


On Jan 10, 2021, at 9:04 AM, Hope Williamson <webspinner@...> wrote:



I don't want to start a debate on deplatformming, which I definitely don't support, but I think this is why the open web is necessary, now more than ever.

On 1/10/2021 6:22 AM, Lino Morales wrote:

Bill. Parler is also been axed from the Google play store. They have an audio CAPTCHA. On the web it will be offline for a week cause in their infinite greatness Amazon pulled their survers they were using.

On 1/10/2021 2:14 AM, Bill Tessore wrote:
Actually, only the Parler app has been removed from the Apple App Store. being an independent company, Apple has no power to eliminate the Parler platform. One can still go to Parler.com and login there. As for signup accessibility, I’ve not tried that yet as I’ve been studying its About page and Policies statement. So I’ll hav to look into it. If it is an issue, then I’ll try pointing it out for resolution. It’s my impression the owner and company still value ALL their users enough to meet everyone’s needs they can.

Shalom,



Bill Tessore


On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:46 PM, Andy <wq6r@...> wrote:


What is interesting is that before that happened Parler was the number 1 download in the app store.
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

 

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

 

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

 

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore

 



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Hope Williamson
 

I'm sure they'll find a different service in time. However, deplatformming is bad.

On 1/9/2021 11:33 PM, Andy wrote:

Parler uses Amazon Web Services as their server, and AWS also canceled them.
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

Actually, only the Parler app has been removed from the Apple App Store. being an independent company, Apple has no power to eliminate the Parler platform. One can still go to Parler.com and login there. As for signup accessibility, I’ve not tried that yet as I’ve been studying its About page and Policies statement. So I’ll hav to look into it. If it is an issue, then I’ll try pointing it out for resolution. It’s my impression the owner and company still value ALL their users enough to meet everyone’s needs they can.

Shalom,



Bill Tessore


On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:46 PM, Andy <wq6r@...> wrote:


What is interesting is that before that happened Parler was the number 1 download in the app store.
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Hope Williamson
 

Well I tried contacting support over this and got no response.

On 1/9/2021 11:14 PM, Bill Tessore wrote:
Actually, only the Parler app has been removed from the Apple App Store. being an independent company, Apple has no power to eliminate the Parler platform. One can still go to Parler.com and login there. As for signup accessibility, I’ve not tried that yet as I’ve been studying its About page and Policies statement. So I’ll hav to look into it. If it is an issue, then I’ll try pointing it out for resolution. It’s my impression the owner and company still value ALL their users enough to meet everyone’s needs they can.

Shalom,



Bill Tessore


On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:46 PM, Andy <wq6r@...> wrote:


What is interesting is that before that happened Parler was the number 1 download in the app store.
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

 

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

 

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

 

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore

 



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Hope Williamson
 

Well there's something called the web, so no one really needs to look elsewhere.

On 1/9/2021 9:53 PM, Adrian Spratt wrote:

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

 

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

 

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

 

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore

 



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Lino Morales
 

Sorry I meant they don't have an audio CAPTCHA.

On 1/10/2021 12:01 PM, Hope Williamson wrote:

Hi, I've never been able to sign up for Parler. If they do have an Audio CAPTCHA, that option has never come up for me, ever.

On 1/10/2021 6:22 AM, Lino Morales wrote:

Bill. Parler is also been axed from the Google play store. They have an audio CAPTCHA. On the web it will be offline for a week cause in their infinite greatness Amazon pulled their survers they were using.

On 1/10/2021 2:14 AM, Bill Tessore wrote:
Actually, only the Parler app has been removed from the Apple App Store. being an independent company, Apple has no power to eliminate the Parler platform. One can still go to Parler.com and login there. As for signup accessibility, I’ve not tried that yet as I’ve been studying its About page and Policies statement. So I’ll hav to look into it. If it is an issue, then I’ll try pointing it out for resolution. It’s my impression the owner and company still value ALL their users enough to meet everyone’s needs they can.

Shalom,



Bill Tessore


On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:46 PM, Andy <wq6r@...> wrote:


What is interesting is that before that happened Parler was the number 1 download in the app store.
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

 

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

 

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

 

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore

 



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Andy
 


Fortunately I saw that review on their app store page which saved me the frustration so I didn't download the app.
 
If it comes back, I will contact the developer about access issues.
 
Andy
 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: Parler

Hi, I've never been able to sign up for Parler. If they do have an Audio CAPTCHA, that option has never come up for me, ever.

On 1/10/2021 6:22 AM, Lino Morales wrote:

Bill. Parler is also been axed from the Google play store. They have an audio CAPTCHA. On the web it will be offline for a week cause in their infinite greatness Amazon pulled their survers they were using.

On 1/10/2021 2:14 AM, Bill Tessore wrote:
Actually, only the Parler app has been removed from the Apple App Store. being an independent company, Apple has no power to eliminate the Parler platform. One can still go to Parler.com and login there. As for signup accessibility, I’ve not tried that yet as I’ve been studying its About page and Policies statement. So I’ll hav to look into it. If it is an issue, then I’ll try pointing it out for resolution. It’s my impression the owner and company still value ALL their users enough to meet everyone’s needs they can.

Shalom,



Bill Tessore


On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:46 PM, Andy <wq6r@...> wrote:


What is interesting is that before that happened Parler was the number 1 download in the app store.
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Andy
 


The long term consequences of stifling free speech would be a lot worse than any speech.  The founders thought that free speech was so important that they made it the 1st amendment to the Constitution. Voltaire said, "I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it".  i would suggest that you either read or reread George Orwell's "1984".
 
Andy
 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 9:03 AM
Subject: Re: Parler

I don't want to start a debate on deplatformming, which I definitely don't support, but I think this is why the open web is necessary, now more than ever.

On 1/10/2021 6:22 AM, Lino Morales wrote:

Bill. Parler is also been axed from the Google play store. They have an audio CAPTCHA. On the web it will be offline for a week cause in their infinite greatness Amazon pulled their survers they were using.

On 1/10/2021 2:14 AM, Bill Tessore wrote:
Actually, only the Parler app has been removed from the Apple App Store. being an independent company, Apple has no power to eliminate the Parler platform. One can still go to Parler.com and login there. As for signup accessibility, I’ve not tried that yet as I’ve been studying its About page and Policies statement. So I’ll hav to look into it. If it is an issue, then I’ll try pointing it out for resolution. It’s my impression the owner and company still value ALL their users enough to meet everyone’s needs they can.

Shalom,



Bill Tessore


On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:46 PM, Andy <wq6r@...> wrote:


What is interesting is that before that happened Parler was the number 1 download in the app store.
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Andy
 


I explored further and found that even though the site comes up, it is not functional. I would imagine that your inquiries to support are not reaching them.
 
Andy
 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 9:14 AM
Subject: Re: Parler

Well I tried contacting support over this and got no response.

On 1/9/2021 11:14 PM, Bill Tessore wrote:
Actually, only the Parler app has been removed from the Apple App Store. being an independent company, Apple has no power to eliminate the Parler platform. One can still go to Parler.com and login there. As for signup accessibility, I’ve not tried that yet as I’ve been studying its About page and Policies statement. So I’ll hav to look into it. If it is an issue, then I’ll try pointing it out for resolution. It’s my impression the owner and company still value ALL their users enough to meet everyone’s needs they can.

Shalom,



Bill Tessore


On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:46 PM, Andy <wq6r@...> wrote:


What is interesting is that before that happened Parler was the number 1 download in the app store.
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Andy
 


i wrote to their support and expressed my hope that the service would return, and that the developer would strive to make it accessible to all interested users, including those with disabilities.
 
Andy
 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: Parler

Sorry I meant they don't have an audio CAPTCHA.

On 1/10/2021 12:01 PM, Hope Williamson wrote:

Hi, I've never been able to sign up for Parler. If they do have an Audio CAPTCHA, that option has never come up for me, ever.

On 1/10/2021 6:22 AM, Lino Morales wrote:

Bill. Parler is also been axed from the Google play store. They have an audio CAPTCHA. On the web it will be offline for a week cause in their infinite greatness Amazon pulled their survers they were using.

On 1/10/2021 2:14 AM, Bill Tessore wrote:
Actually, only the Parler app has been removed from the Apple App Store. being an independent company, Apple has no power to eliminate the Parler platform. One can still go to Parler.com and login there. As for signup accessibility, I’ve not tried that yet as I’ve been studying its About page and Policies statement. So I’ll hav to look into it. If it is an issue, then I’ll try pointing it out for resolution. It’s my impression the owner and company still value ALL their users enough to meet everyone’s needs they can.

Shalom,



Bill Tessore


On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:46 PM, Andy <wq6r@...> wrote:


What is interesting is that before that happened Parler was the number 1 download in the app store.
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Glenn / Lenny
 


Andy and All,
Keep in mind that it is not the government stopping anything, it is a private business doing this.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
From: Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

The long term consequences of stifling free speech would be a lot worse than any speech.  The founders thought that free speech was so important that they made it the 1st amendment to the Constitution. Voltaire said, "I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it".  i would suggest that you either read or reread George Orwell's "1984".
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 9:03 AM
Subject: Re: Parler

I don't want to start a debate on deplatformming, which I definitely don't support, but I think this is why the open web is necessary, now more than ever.

On 1/10/2021 6:22 AM, Lino Morales wrote:

Bill. Parler is also been axed from the Google play store. They have an audio CAPTCHA. On the web it will be offline for a week cause in their infinite greatness Amazon pulled their survers they were using.

On 1/10/2021 2:14 AM, Bill Tessore wrote:
Actually, only the Parler app has been removed from the Apple App Store. being an independent company, Apple has no power to eliminate the Parler platform. One can still go to Parler.com and login there. As for signup accessibility, I’ve not tried that yet as I’ve been studying its About page and Policies statement. So I’ll hav to look into it. If it is an issue, then I’ll try pointing it out for resolution. It’s my impression the owner and company still value ALL their users enough to meet everyone’s needs they can.

Shalom,



Bill Tessore


On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:46 PM, Andy <wq6r@...> wrote:


What is interesting is that before that happened Parler was the number 1 download in the app store.
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Andy
 


A private monopoly.  Amounts to the same thing, unless you have the resources to develop your own app store, web servers, etc.
Companies like Facebook and Twitter have developed a monopoly in social media, buying up or snuffing out competition. There are two smart phone platforms run by two companies, and they have colluded along with Amazon Web Services to stifle free speech.  it started with flagging certain tweets and posts, then it went to deleting certain tweets and posts, then it went to closing accounts of people whose speech they didn't like, and now to shutting down entire platforms.
The government doesn't have to get involved, someone else is already doing their dirty work for them,and they can alway say that what is happening isn't a violation of the 1st amendment.  Technically, that is correct, but what is happening amounts to the same thing.
 
Andy
 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

Andy and All,
Keep in mind that it is not the government stopping anything, it is a private business doing this.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

The long term consequences of stifling free speech would be a lot worse than any speech.  The founders thought that free speech was so important that they made it the 1st amendment to the Constitution. Voltaire said, "I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it".  i would suggest that you either read or reread George Orwell's "1984".
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 9:03 AM
Subject: Re: Parler

I don't want to start a debate on deplatformming, which I definitely don't support, but I think this is why the open web is necessary, now more than ever.

On 1/10/2021 6:22 AM, Lino Morales wrote:

Bill. Parler is also been axed from the Google play store. They have an audio CAPTCHA. On the web it will be offline for a week cause in their infinite greatness Amazon pulled their survers they were using.

On 1/10/2021 2:14 AM, Bill Tessore wrote:
Actually, only the Parler app has been removed from the Apple App Store. being an independent company, Apple has no power to eliminate the Parler platform. One can still go to Parler.com and login there. As for signup accessibility, I’ve not tried that yet as I’ve been studying its About page and Policies statement. So I’ll hav to look into it. If it is an issue, then I’ll try pointing it out for resolution. It’s my impression the owner and company still value ALL their users enough to meet everyone’s needs they can.

Shalom,



Bill Tessore


On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:46 PM, Andy <wq6r@...> wrote:


What is interesting is that before that happened Parler was the number 1 download in the app store.
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Randy Barnett
 

it doesn't matter if it's a government or a couple of huge corporations. if they're able to stop you from getting your ideas out to people it is stopping free speech. Senator Holly's book was dropped by the publisher because he said the wrong things according to those in charge. when the only way to get ideas out in this modern world is via publishers Facebook YouTube Twitter and apparently Amazon those who control the servers. Then they are able to stifle free speech. It doesn't have to be a government to stifle free speech and free speech should be protected even from corporations.I'm platforms like YouTube Twitter One platforms like YouTube Twitter Facebook start deciding what can be and not be published on their pages they are a publisher and the rules for publishers are totally different from the rules for web platforms. They have to abide by those rules. As corporations now pretty much control all speech in this country.

Randy Barnett

On Jan 10, 2021, at 12:41 PM, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:


Andy and All,
Keep in mind that it is not the government stopping anything, it is a private business doing this.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

The long term consequences of stifling free speech would be a lot worse than any speech.  The founders thought that free speech was so important that they made it the 1st amendment to the Constitution. Voltaire said, "I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it".  i would suggest that you either read or reread George Orwell's "1984".
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 9:03 AM
Subject: Re: Parler

I don't want to start a debate on deplatformming, which I definitely don't support, but I think this is why the open web is necessary, now more than ever.

On 1/10/2021 6:22 AM, Lino Morales wrote:

Bill. Parler is also been axed from the Google play store. They have an audio CAPTCHA. On the web it will be offline for a week cause in their infinite greatness Amazon pulled their survers they were using.

On 1/10/2021 2:14 AM, Bill Tessore wrote:
Actually, only the Parler app has been removed from the Apple App Store. being an independent company, Apple has no power to eliminate the Parler platform. One can still go to Parler.com and login there. As for signup accessibility, I’ve not tried that yet as I’ve been studying its About page and Policies statement. So I’ll hav to look into it. If it is an issue, then I’ll try pointing it out for resolution. It’s my impression the owner and company still value ALL their users enough to meet everyone’s needs they can.

Shalom,



Bill Tessore


On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:46 PM, Andy <wq6r@...> wrote:


What is interesting is that before that happened Parler was the number 1 download in the app store.
 
Andy
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Parler

As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn


Randy Barnett
 

so you're OK with someone banning anything you have to say if they don't agree with it? I myself may hate something someone says but they have the right to say it.

Randy Barnett

On Jan 9, 2021, at 9:53 PM, Adrian Spratt <adrian@...> wrote:



As of Saturday, Apple suspended Parler (correct spelling) because it embraces threats of violence and illegality. If those are things you admire, you’ll need to look elsewhere.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MeWe

 

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

 

Andy

.

----- Original Message -----

From: Bill Tessore

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 9:26 PM

Subject: Re: MeWe

 

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore

 



On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:



Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn