Topics

moderated Page Breaks in Microsoft Word

Larry Gassman

Hi,

Not sure if I’ve sent something to this list about this.

Something has changed.
I used to be able to arrow through a document and  read it from beginning to end.

Now I hear at the end of page 1 dialogue I’ve written, and it goes to page 3 and skips page 2 etc.

I think I’ve fixed this issue before but don’t think I kept that piece of information.

I do not hear this in Narrator at all.  I do hear it with all versions of JAWS on my PC.

Thoughts?

Larry

Richard Turner

I just noticed that too.

With my wife’s help, I discovered two things.

One, make sure on the view tab you are on print view.

Also on the view tab, tab a bunch and make sure it doesn’t say Multipage after the zoom info.  If it does, arrow down to one page and hit enter.

I have had to do that with a couple of documents in the last few days.

Quite annoying.

Richard

Not sure if I’ve sent something to this list about this.

Something has changed.
I used to be able to arrow through a document and  read it from beginning to end.

Now I hear at the end of page 1 dialogue I’ve written, and it goes to page 3 and skips page 2 etc.

I think I’ve fixed this issue before but don’t think I kept that piece of information.

I do not hear this in Narrator at all.  I do hear it with all versions of JAWS on my PC.

Thoughts?

Larry

Larry Gassman

Richard,

I am using print tab, and my pages in the view tab were set to one page.

So unfortunately, the mystery continues.

Thanks.

Larry

Not sure if I’ve sent something to this list about this.

Something has changed.
I used to be able to arrow through a document and  read it from beginning to end.

Now I hear at the end of page 1 dialogue I’ve written, and it goes to page 3 and skips page 2 etc.

I think I’ve fixed this issue before but don’t think I kept that piece of information.

I do not hear this in Narrator at all.  I do hear it with all versions of JAWS on my PC.

Thoughts?

Larry

Richard Turner

When you get to the point at which up or down arrow do not work, have you tried right or left arrow?

I got passed one of those spots doing that, but it is still wrong, that should not be happening.

Richard

Not sure if I’ve sent something to this list about this.

Something has changed.
I used to be able to arrow through a document and  read it from beginning to end.

Now I hear at the end of page 1 dialogue I’ve written, and it goes to page 3 and skips page 2 etc.

I think I’ve fixed this issue before but don’t think I kept that piece of information.

I do not hear this in Narrator at all.  I do hear it with all versions of JAWS on my PC.

Thoughts?

Larry

NFB Lab 4

Do you have the view set to one page and not two pages?

On Aug 16, 2020, at 3:00 PM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

When you get to the point at which up or down arrow do not work, have you tried right or left arrow?

I got passed one of those spots doing that, but it is still wrong, that should not be happening.

Richard

Not sure if I’ve sent something to this list about this.

Something has changed.
I used to be able to arrow through a document and  read it from beginning to end.

Now I hear at the end of page 1 dialogue I’ve written, and it goes to page 3 and skips page 2 etc.

I think I’ve fixed this issue before but don’t think I kept that piece of information.

I do not hear this in Narrator at all.  I do hear it with all versions of JAWS on my PC.

Thoughts?

Larry

Tom Behler

Richard and all:

I have seen this issue before, but am not yet experiencing it here.  I currently use Windows 10 with Office 365 and the latest version of Jaws 2020.

I’ll save these instructions for future reference, but wonder if there is a way to do this globally, rather than for each individual document?

Thanks for any additional suggestions.

Tom Behler

Not sure if I’ve sent something to this list about this.

Something has changed.
I used to be able to arrow through a document and  read it from beginning to end.

Now I hear at the end of page 1 dialogue I’ve written, and it goes to page 3 and skips page 2 etc.

I think I’ve fixed this issue before but don’t think I kept that piece of information.

I do not hear this in Narrator at all.  I do hear it with all versions of JAWS on my PC.

Thoughts?

Larry

Bill White

Hi, Larry. Make sure in the Layout tab that columns is set to 1.

1. Click the Layout tab.

2. Click the Columns button and choose Two.

Also, if all else fails, switch from Print View to Web Layout View.

1. ALT plus F, T for Word Options.

2. Arrow down to Advanced.

3. Under General, check the Allow opening a document in Draft view check box.

4. Press ENTER on OK.

5. On the View tab, select Web Layout View in the Document Views group.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Not sure if I’ve sent something to this list about this.

Something has changed.
I used to be able to arrow through a document and  read it from beginning to end.

Now I hear at the end of page 1 dialogue I’ve written, and it goes to page 3 and skips page 2 etc.

I think I’ve fixed this issue before but don’t think I kept that piece of information.

I do not hear this in Narrator at all.  I do hear it with all versions of JAWS on my PC.

Thoughts?

Larry

Bill White

Hi again, Larry. Also, there is another button in the View tab called side-by-side. Make sure this is not checked.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Not sure if I’ve sent something to this list about this.

Something has changed.
I used to be able to arrow through a document and  read it from beginning to end.

Now I hear at the end of page 1 dialogue I’ve written, and it goes to page 3 and skips page 2 etc.

I think I’ve fixed this issue before but don’t think I kept that piece of information.

I do not hear this in Narrator at all.  I do hear it with all versions of JAWS on my PC.

Thoughts?

Larry

Larry Gassman

It is fixed.

Richard Turner’s advice eventually helped.

The problem is that when you deal with Buttons and Microsoft, there is no confirmation after you press enter on the button.

You have to go back in to the document to see if changes have taken effect.

Well, they finally did.

Thanks to all for your help.

Larry

Hi again, Larry. Also, there is another button in the View tab called side-by-side. Make sure this is not checked.

Not sure if I’ve sent something to this list about this.

Something has changed.
I used to be able to arrow through a document and  read it from beginning to end.

Now I hear at the end of page 1 dialogue I’ve written, and it goes to page 3 and skips page 2 etc.

I think I’ve fixed this issue before but don’t think I kept that piece of information.

I do not hear this in Narrator at all.  I do hear it with all versions of JAWS on my PC.

Thoughts?

Larry

Tom Behler

Larry:

Is this a global fix, or do you have to do it for each individual document?

Tom Behler

Hi again, Larry. Also, there is another button in the View tab called side-by-side. Make sure this is not checked.

Not sure if I’ve sent something to this list about this.

Something has changed.
I used to be able to arrow through a document and  read it from beginning to end.

Now I hear at the end of page 1 dialogue I’ve written, and it goes to page 3 and skips page 2 etc.

I think I’ve fixed this issue before but don’t think I kept that piece of information.

I do not hear this in Narrator at all.  I do hear it with all versions of JAWS on my PC.

Thoughts?

Larry

Larry Gassman

I haven’t tried other documents but I will.

I do believe the fix is global though.

Larry

Is this a global fix, or do you have to do it for each individual document?

Tom Behler

Hi again, Larry. Also, there is another button in the View tab called side-by-side. Make sure this is not checked.

Not sure if I’ve sent something to this list about this.

Something has changed.
I used to be able to arrow through a document and  read it from beginning to end.

Now I hear at the end of page 1 dialogue I’ve written, and it goes to page 3 and skips page 2 etc.

I think I’ve fixed this issue before but don’t think I kept that piece of information.

I do not hear this in Narrator at all.  I do hear it with all versions of JAWS on my PC.

Thoughts?

Larry

Tom Behler

I sure hope it is global.

Let us know what you find when you try other documents.

Thanks!

Tom Behler

[...]

Tom,

This is global for all documents.

Larry

[...]

Thanks, Larry.

This is good to know.

Tom Behler

[...]

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Hi Lary/all,

It occurs to me very often, especially when students send their essays. Having a braille display, what I do is press the appropriate cursor routing button where the last character of the previous page is, and just arrow to the right once. It usually goes to the correct page, and there are no more such jumpings.

                                                            Hope this helps,

                                                            Takis