Topics

Outlook freezes when searching any prior email with JAWS

ARORA Meesha

Hi,

I work on group mailbox and personal mailbox in my workplace and frequently need to search a particular earlier email. The trouble is it hangs the outlook and have to restart it usually everytime I search any email. I think it could be due to the fact it has to search large number of emails…

Does it happen to any of you as well?

I use JAWS 2020 on Outlook 2016. And I have 8 GB RAM.

I had the same issue with JAWS 2019 as well.

In fact, the same happens if I open any heavy excel file with several tabs, it also freezes and have to restart the same.

Thanks,

Meesha

Van Lant, Robin

Meesha,

I don’t have the Outlook issue, but I definitely have had some issues with large Excel files, especially those with pivot tables or filtering turned on.  I’m still on JAWS 2019.  I don’t have any answers for you, just empathy.

I work on group mailbox and personal mailbox in my workplace and frequently need to search a particular earlier email. The trouble is it hangs the outlook and have to restart it usually everytime I search any email. I think it could be due to the fact it has to search large number of emails…

Does it happen to any of you as well?

I use JAWS 2020 on Outlook 2016. And I have 8 GB RAM.

I had the same issue with JAWS 2019 as well.

In fact, the same happens if I open any heavy excel file with several tabs, it also freezes and have to restart the same.

Thanks,

Meesha

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Shai

Hello,
Yes I have this also. Solution so far has been to sign into the web
version of exchange and search email that way.

On 12/3/19, ARORA Meesha <meesha.arora@...> wrote:
Hi,
I work on group mailbox and personal mailbox in my workplace and frequently
need to search a particular earlier email. The trouble is it hangs the
outlook and have to restart it usually everytime I search any email. I think
it could be due to the fact it has to search large number of emails...
Does it happen to any of you as well?
I use JAWS 2020 on Outlook 2016. And I have 8 GB RAM.
I had the same issue with JAWS 2019 as well.
In fact, the same happens if I open any heavy excel file with several tabs,
it also freezes and have to restart the same.
Thanks,
Meesha

Zel Iscel

I have this problem too and find that means it's time to update Windows. Even though I have it set to update automatically, often updates will appear before the scheduled times and we are not notified of this. Instead, Outlook and other big apps, like Excel, play up and I have to check for updates then install them straight away.

This is really annoying but I think it's a Microsoft issue, not Jaws, though I'm not sure as it doesn't happen near as much when I use NVDA.

Cheers
Zel

Yes I have this also. Solution so far has been to sign into the web version of exchange and search email that way.

On 12/3/19, ARORA Meesha <meesha.arora@...> wrote:
Hi,
I work on group mailbox and personal mailbox in my workplace and
frequently need to search a particular earlier email. The trouble is
it hangs the outlook and have to restart it usually everytime I search
any email. I think it could be due to the fact it has to search large number of emails...
Does it happen to any of you as well?
I use JAWS 2020 on Outlook 2016. And I have 8 GB RAM.
I had the same issue with JAWS 2019 as well.
In fact, the same happens if I open any heavy excel file with several
tabs, it also freezes and have to restart the same.
Thanks,
Meesha

ARORA Meesha

Thanks Zel, it doesn't seems the case here. My windows are up to date but still the issue persists.
Cheers
Meesha

Yes I have this also. Solution so far has been to sign into the web version of exchange and search email that way.

On 12/3/19, ARORA Meesha <meesha.arora@...> wrote:
Hi,
I work on group mailbox and personal mailbox in my workplace and
frequently need to search a particular earlier email. The trouble is
it hangs the outlook and have to restart it usually everytime I search
any email. I think it could be due to the fact it has to search large number of emails...
Does it happen to any of you as well?
I use JAWS 2020 on Outlook 2016. And I have 8 GB RAM.
I had the same issue with JAWS 2019 as well.
In fact, the same happens if I open any heavy excel file with several
tabs, it also freezes and have to restart the same.
Thanks,
Meesha

ARORA Meesha

Ok, will try it.