moderated Outlook, change number of month displayed to name of month

Bill White

Is there a way that a JAWS user can change the number of the month displayed in Outlook to the name of the month? for example, how can you have Outlook display

Thu March 25 2021 11:14 PM

instead of

Thu 3/25/2021 11:14 PM

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Bill,

          Where, specifically, in Outlook?

           Given that so many Windows programs use whatever format you've set up for your Region in Settings, Date & Time, Region Pane, using the Change data formats link, you may want to look at tweaking the "short date" format to look as you prefer to see if that does it.  If not, if I know where in Outlook, I can see if it has its own setting or if one can choose to use the "long date" format rather than "short date" in that context.

To think is to differ.
      ~ Clarence Darrow

Bill White

Hi, it's in email, in the header of a message, before it is opened.

My date format shows the name of the month, not its numeric value.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

           Given that so many Windows programs use whatever format you've set up for your Region in Settings, Date & Time, Region Pane, using the Change data formats link, you may want to look at tweaking the "short date" format to look as you prefer to see if that does it.  If not, if I know where in Outlook, I can see if it has its own setting or if one can choose to use the "long date" format rather than "short date" in that context.

To think is to differ.
      ~ Clarence Darrow

Richard Turner

IN the main Windows Regional format settings, Mine shows

Short date Combo box‑
‎4/‎5/‎2017
Long date Combo box‑
‎Wednesday, ‎April ‎5, ‎2017
Short time Combo box‑
9:40 AM
Long time Combo box‑
9:40:07 AM
Get help

I would assume, and you know what happens when you assume, that if you hit enter on the long date combo box it would use that, or maybe thre is another place you set it to use the long date format.

Brian probably knows.

I just checked because I was curious.

I’m pretty sure that Outlook is just pulling the info from the regional format settings….

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com