Topics

moderated Outlook Addressbook

Vaughn Brown

Hello,

I am running Win. 10 with Office 365 and JFW 2020. My Outlook keeps using the MS Exchange account for pulling up my University email addressbook.

How do I default to Gmail as a server and to download address books from my Gmail accounts?

Thank you,

Vaughn

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2020 10:08 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Creating a group in outlook

I already posted them, but I’d also check out Brian Vogel’s link.

What I do after creating the group name, is press alt+h, then m.

That activates the add members.

Unlike others, I have little success arrowing up and down through the list of contacts, but you can search for contacts and add them.

I’m sure results will vary as not everyone has the same outlook configuration.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

Live long and prosper 🖖

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andrew J. LaPointe
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2020 9:41 AM

Hi Richard, if you can get  the key strokes to select the contact that would be great.  This is just driving many of us crazy.  Thanks so much andy and Shubert rip

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2020 10:04 AM

I think you need to tab to the ad members button I'll look up the keystrokes when I'm back on my computer.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

On Oct 22, 2020, at 6:16 AM, Justin Mcdevitt <jhmcdev@...> wrote:

Hello Group,

Up until recently, I had no real reason to create groups from my Contacts using Outlook. However, at this point, I’m involved with a number of activities within my community where this feature is something that would be convenient as a contact option.

I had spoken with Bill White about this and rather to use the ribbon commands, he suggested using Control/Shift/L where I create a group name. After identifying a group name, I tabbed one time  to the Members Table field, arrowing down to identify contacts to fill the group. At this point, I received a message that “Members list table is unavailable.”

Am I on the right track, or it there another way to build  a group?

Best, Justin  

My guess is that this is controlled by which account is set as your primary/default account if you have multiple accounts set up in Outlook.

Try ALT+F,I,S,A  (File Tab, Account Info, Account Settings dropdown, Account settings item).  At this point the account settings dialog will appear, and I'm going to presume you're familiar with it.  Take a cruise through the account list and see if the one currently set as default is that Exchange account.  If you then change the default account to Gmail it's likely to use the repositories associated with that as "first port of call."
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss