Topics

moderated Outlook Address book

Vaughn Brown

Hello, Brian,

Thank you. I explored Outlook and think I can better explain my goal.

Keep in mind that I am speaking of Win. 10. Apps are similarly named in Windows and Apple devices.

I noticed that Mail has somehow downloaded my contacts. I have an account in Mail for 2 Gmail accounts and an .edu account. I am able to comfortably switch between accounts and able to use address books from each one.

In Outlook the setup is similar regarding accounts. I am receiving emails for each account. Figuring that my university account was the default I ended up removing “my outlook data 1” and defaulting that data to my personal Gmail account. What it looks like a list of address books but no substance. I am truly perplexed as the Mail app automatically downloaded my contacts whereas Outlook did not.

I realized that MS Exchange is for school and work. I also wonder if my Windows 10 being an academic version has anything to do with the settings. It seems to be influencing other computer settings. But I personally purchased Office 365. And registered my personal email for that 365 account.

I read and attempted the whole webmail for Gmail and export my contacts but during the process I realized that this didn’t feel right.

Pardon for the long email but I wanted to be clear. I prefer Outlook as I find it more accessible.

Look forward to your response.

Kindly,

Vaughn