moderated Outlook 365 Question

Mark Arnold ABG

List,

I am having difficulty with the concept of Address book and Contacts.  Is there a discernable difference or are they synonymous?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Thomas N. Chan <thomas.nchan@...>

Technically, no different. than just an address book.
but contacts are way more comprehensive.
you can sort or have contacts or people in an address book sorted or put into a folder call family, you can have another call office, another folder call maybe friends.
it's more sorted and organized than one bulk address book with all your contacts with different fields in them.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Sun, 10 Oct 2021 at 23:16, Mark Arnold ABG <markarnold.abg@...> wrote:

List,

I am having difficulty with the concept of Address book and Contacts.  Is there a discernable difference or are they synonymous?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Madison Martin

How do you create these folders?

Technically, no different. than just an address book.

but contacts are way more comprehensive.

you can sort or have contacts or people in an address book sorted or put into a folder call family, you can have another call office, another folder call maybe friends.

it's more sorted and organized than one bulk address book with all your contacts with different fields in them.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Sun, 10 Oct 2021 at 23:16, Mark Arnold ABG <markarnold.abg@...> wrote:

List,

I am having difficulty with the concept of Address book and Contacts.  Is there a discernable difference or are they synonymous?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Van Lant, Robin

When using Outlook 365 in a business context, the Address Book is   where the company directory is and the Contacts are your manual additions.  I’ve never explored this on my personal copy of Outlook, so I’m interested to explore what others have noted.

Technically, no different. than just an address book.

but contacts are way more comprehensive.

you can sort or have contacts or people in an address book sorted or put into a folder call family, you can have another call office, another folder call maybe friends.

it's more sorted and organized than one bulk address book with all your contacts with different fields in them.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Sun, 10 Oct 2021 at 23:16, Mark Arnold ABG <markarnold.abg@...> wrote:

List,

I am having difficulty with the concept of Address book and Contacts.  Is there a discernable difference or are they synonymous?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

KeyCorp Public

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

There is one important distinction that people should keep in mind here. On a personal Outlook account, we are likely to use Contacts as our folder for storing names, addresses, and emails. But if we bring up the Contacts by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+B, which is the way we bring up the Address Book, only names with an email address associated with them are displayed. Names without an email will not be shown unless one goes directly to the Contacts folder which, by default, uses the Business Card view to display information. I prefer to create a customized view which shows only the full name and the email address.

With best regards,

Curtis Chong