moderated outlook 2019 with jaws 2019 and activating mail rules

William Windels

Hello,

When I am in the list of my mail rules, I can’t see with jaws if a rule is active without opening the mail rule.

In the mail rule, in the last screen, there I can turn on/off the checkbox to enable/disable the rule.

I supose, I can turn on/off the mailrule from the rulelist but Jaws isn’t giving any feedback.

Is this normal/known bug or doe I need a specific setting?

Kind regards,

--

Met vriendelijke groeten

William Windels

Incident Manager SWF

0477 88 4276 (ik werk niet op vrijdag-namiddag)

Thomas N. Chan <thomas.nchan@...>

Sad to say, with my version of jaws 2021 and running the latest version of Outlook, jaws does the same thing as what you mentioned

Only NVDA will tell, activate or disable rules in that dialog area.
Even the Narrator has better  respond in that area.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Fri, 8 Oct 2021 at 15:40, William Windels via groups.io <william.windels=vdab.be@groups.io> wrote:

Hello,

When I am in the list of my mail rules, I can’t see with jaws if a rule is active without opening the mail rule.

In the mail rule, in the last screen, there I can turn on/off the checkbox to enable/disable the rule.

I supose, I can turn on/off the mailrule from the rulelist but Jaws isn’t giving any feedback.

Is this normal/known bug or doe I need a specific setting?

Kind regards,

--

Met vriendelijke groeten

William Windels

Incident Manager SWF

0477 88 4276 (ik werk niet op vrijdag-namiddag)

Andrew J. LaPointe

Hi, I would greatly benefit to set up some mail rules as sometimes I miss an email.  I have tons of mail everyday. I always seem to mess up he rules and pull the hair out of my head trying to fix it.  Can you explain a few samples of setting up a mail rule? I am using office 365 with the latest jaws with windows 10.  Thanks so much in advance. Andy and Leroy

[...]

What are you trying to accomplish
You want to move rules? move mails to a certain folder? or move certain groups' emails into a folder?

Generally, most people use the subject line to move emails into a folder but I don't. i use email header as this method is more accurate than the subject line.
As a subject line like in some cases, someone can forward email to you with certain subject keywords, then it will be accidentally moved into those folders. that will work very well in email groups. For individuals, you generally tag them by using their email address.

you just need to learn how to use some of the capability of Outlook itself.
you can create a quick access menu in outlook which i personally  have.
For example, I have the following items in my quick access.
1.  empty trash folder
2. forward email as attachment
3.message option
4. define send and receive group
5. mail rules

so if i want to see the email header of that particular email, you just select that email and i just hit alt -  3.
You can customize quick access by going to alt key once and move left or right and find file and then tab till you find this call  customize toolbar, enter and find   more commands
you add message option.

i wish i know where to find it i meant message option so to allow to see the email header
you can search the function of outlook as well from the toolbar

maybe some other knowledgeable member can chime in

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan