From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Billy Inglis
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 12:24 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Outlook365?

hi guys, How accessible is Outlook365?, Billy

Madison Martin

Agree

Well, I’d say that most of it is accessible to nonvisual users. Very few things we can’t do with it which mot folks wouldn’t use anyway.

Curtis

hi guys, How accessible is Outlook365?, Billy

Barbara Sheinbein

It is accessible to a JAWS user.  There is a few differences, but if you are already familiar with Office, you should be just fine.

Barbara

hi guys, How accessible is Outlook365?, Billy

Billy Inglis

hi Curtis, what about the Outlook mail part?, how accessible is it?, Billy

Well, I’d say that most of it is accessible to nonvisual users. Very few things we can’t do with it which mot folks wouldn’t use anyway.

Curtis

hi guys, How accessible is Outlook365?, Billy

Billy Inglis

hi Barbara, thanks for the feedback.
I do not use office products at the moment. I was most Interested in the Outlook Mail function, Billy

It is accessible to a JAWS user.  There is a few differences, but if you are already familiar with Office, you should be just fine.

Barbara

hi guys, How accessible is Outlook365?, Billy

Leo

Hi Billy,

I believe you just can’t pay a subscription only for Outlook 365. You basically subscribe to Microsoft 365, and you can use a bunch of apps, included Outlook. Why don’t you just try it out? I’m pretty sure Microsoft gives a 1-month free trial. I can tell you from my experience that the most difficult part to use Outlook is probably the learning curve if you have never used it before. There are many personal settings that I would not like to loose, but I tell you, I  will probably never come back to Thunderbird.

Best,

     Leo Bado.

hi Curtis, what about the Outlook mail part?, how accessible is it?, Billy

Well, I’d say that most of it is accessible to nonvisual users. Very few things we can’t do with it which mot folks wouldn’t use anyway.

Curtis

hi guys, How accessible is Outlook365?, Billy

Barbara Sheinbein

Billy,

Outlook in 365 is just about identical to a copy downloaded into your computer.  For future reference, Outlook is one of the programs which is part of the Office 365 package.  Smile.

Barbara

I do not use office products at the moment. I was most Interested in the Outlook Mail function, Billy

It is accessible to a JAWS user.  There is a few differences, but if you are already familiar with Office, you should be just fine.

Barbara

hi guys, How accessible is Outlook365?, Billy

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I think he was referring to using the Outlook 365 web app.

Outlook in 365 is just about identical to a copy downloaded into your computer.  For future reference, Outlook is one of the programs which is part of the Office 365 package.  Smile.

Barbara

I do not use office products at the moment. I was most Interested in the Outlook Mail function, Billy

It is accessible to a JAWS user.  There is a few differences, but if you are already familiar with Office, you should be just fine.

Barbara

hi guys, How accessible is Outlook365?, Billy

Billy Inglis

hi Leo, thanks for the Information. I will indeed give 3 6 5 a try.
Thunderbird is not really accessible at all, Billy

[...]

Barbara, Good to know, Billy