From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2021 7:30 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: OT list for TV services

Hi,

I always forget which JFW list is more tollerant of OT messages, and I just sent this to the wrong list, I get them mixed up all the time.

I heard of a media list a few times, don't know if it was on this list, or the Echo list, but it is for people who no longer use cable, or are supplementing cable with services like Netflix and the like.

Has to do with using those services and devices.

Thought the list had wire in the name.

Thanks for any info.

Glenn

Glenn / Lenny

Hi David,
I did finally find a message that I saved, that someone sent me back in June:

The Blind Cord Cutters List is a place for blind persons to learn how they can lower their monthly cable tv bill by using cable replacement services. It is a place to learn how to successfully migrate from traditional cable tv services to services that allow one to watch TV over the Internet on many different devices. Discussions concerning the use of these services to watch tv over the Internet using these cable tv alternatives are strongly encouraged. Topics can include which services offer a wide variety of content, which apps and services work well with assistive technology on a wide variety of devices, ways to access video description via these services, available accessible documentation for cable replacement services, and potential work-arounds for stand-alone apps that don't work well for blind viewers. Efforts to urge cable replacement service providers to improve the blind-friendliness of their products are also welcome. Happy cord cutting.

Subscribing:

- Subscribers can join your list by sending email to blindcordcutters-request@... with

'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by visiting your list page at

http://www.freelists.org/list/blindcordcutters

Posting:

List Admin:

                The list owner is Peter Donahue. For list concerns he can be reached at:

pmdonahue2@...

                Welcome to a new way to watch television without the high costs of cable.

Not sure of the exact name but it has cutthecord    in the address.