moderated orc appsThe thing I hate about convenient OCR is that if you’re not using their camera you can only scan one page into a document. I usually end up using the OCR that came with my scanner. I’ve thought about breaking down and buying Abbyy Finereader.

Phillip Gross

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 12:11 PM, NFB Lab 4 wrote:
You can use the pearl camera to scan things directly into jaws.  If you do the layered keystroke insert space and then oh for OCR and a for acquire, that should have you choose the pearl camera as your input source.

On Mar 15, 2021, at 3:07 PM, Justin Williams <justin.williams2@...> wrote:

Other than openbook nine,  what are some ways to scan print documents and read them?

I do have a pearl scanner.

I have windows 10 and jaws 2019.

Justin

Chris Hill

Actually, you can just keep scanning and it will keep adding pages.  I don't know what the limit is, but I've definitely scanned more than one.

On 3/18/2021 00:56, Phillip Gross wrote:
On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 12:11 PM, NFB Lab 4 wrote:
You can use the pearl camera to scan things directly into jaws.  If you do the layered keystroke insert space and then oh for OCR and a for acquire, that should have you choose the pearl camera as your input source.

On Mar 15, 2021, at 3:07 PM, Justin Williams <justin.williams2@...> wrote:

Other than openbook nine,  what are some ways to scan print documents and read them?

I do have a pearl scanner.

I have windows 10 and jaws 2019.

Justin

Richard Turner

Phillip,

Your message was entirely in the subject field.

I just thought you may want to know that.

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 12:11 PM, NFB Lab 4 wrote:

You can use the pearl camera to scan things directly into jaws.  If you do the layered keystroke insert space and then oh for OCR and a for acquire, that should have you choose the pearl camera as your input source.

On Mar 15, 2021, at 3:07 PM, Justin Williams <justin.williams2@...> wrote:

Other than openbook nine,  what are some ways to scan print documents and read them?

I do have a pearl scanner.

I have windows 10 and jaws 2019.

Justin

Phillip Gross

My only excuse, and it's not much of one, is that I had been awake for 2 days and was about half asleep when I wrote that.

Richard Turner

That excuse works for me.

My Father always said, “a poor excuse is better than none.” Grin.

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com

My only excuse, and it's not much of one, is that I had been awake for 2 days and was about half asleep when I wrote that.

Loy

You can scan multi pages into a document with JAWS OCR.