Topics

moderated Orbit Reader 20 Plus F1 through F10 key emulation not working

ann

HI folks,

I have an Orbit Reader 20 Plus braille display, running with latest Jaws2020 on Windows 10. From it's own manual it says that pressing the Dot 7 Plus computer braille 1 through 0 equals F1-F10. The keys that are supposed to emulate the F1 through F10 keys do not work at all, not in any application. Or is this something on my own system I need to change to get this to work??

Thanks,

~Ann

ratshtron

you are using the nemith code numbers for the numbers as dot 2 for the number 1, dots 23 for the number 2 and so forth along with the dot 7?

Legend has it that on Thursday 6/25/2020 12:16 PM, ann said:
HI folks,

I have an Orbit Reader 20 Plus braille display, running with latest Jaws2020 on Windows 10. From it's own manual it says that pressing the Dot 7 Plus computer braille 1 through 0 equals F1-F10. The keys that are supposed to emulate the F1 through F10 keys do not work at all, not in any application. Or is this something on my own system I need to change to get this to work??

Thanks,

~Ann

Richard Turner

Yes, I just confirmed it on my Orbit Reader 20 plus.
I forwarded Ann's note along with my comments to the tech team at Orbit.

Richard
"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself," and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I've never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert