Topics

Oracle Database through a GUI with JAWS?

Walker, Michael E

Hi,

What is the most common way people access Oracle Database using JAWS these days?

Thank you,

Mike

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Mike,

I am an oracle DBA. Most of my access is via the command line and through sqlplus. I also use OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager), though I find some aspects of the GUI a bit cumbersome with JAWS.

Pam

What is the most common way people access Oracle Database using JAWS these days?

Thank you,
Mike

Walker, Michael E

Thank you, Pam! When you access the database through the command line, how do you find out which tables are in it? I know that once you know the table, you can find its columns with the describe command.

Mike

This message was sent from outside of Boeing. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know that the content is safe.
Mike,

I am an oracle DBA. Most of my access is via the command line and through sqlplus. I also use OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager), though I find some aspects of the GUI a bit cumbersome with JAWS.

Pam

What is the most common way people access Oracle Database using JAWS these days?

Thank you,
Mike

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Once you have set your environment for the database you want to access, run: select tablename from dba_tables.

You can also spool the results to a file so the file might be easier to read using JAWS, rather than reviewing it on the screen.
Thank you, Pam! When you access the database through the command line, how do you find out which tables are in it? I know that once you know the table, you can find its columns with the describe command.

Mike

What is the most common way people access Oracle Database using JAWS these days?

Thank you,
Mike

Walker, Michael E

This is very helpful! I will be experimenting. Thank you for the information.

Mike