Topics

Optimal Settings for Windows 7 & JFW 12

Brian Hansen <BC.Hansen23@...>

A friend of mine contacted me tonight wanting to know if there are certain
color and display settings that need to be set up when installing JFW on to
a Windows 7 system. Since I'm still using XP I'm familiar with the optimal
display settings for using JFW and XP, but I don't have a clue what needs to
be tweaked for Windows 7 if anything. I've gone through the JFW help
topics, but I haven't been able to find anything there. So I would greatly
appreciate it if someone could either email me the settings that need to be
changed, or a link to an article or articles that explain the best settings
for JFW and Windows 7. Thanks for your time and help.

Blessings,

Brian

Peter Holdstock <peterholdstock@...>

You don't need to change a thing.

Peter

A friend of mine contacted me tonight wanting to know if there are certain
color and display settings that need to be set up when installing JFW on to
a Windows 7 system. Since I'm still using XP I'm familiar with the optimal
display settings for using JFW and XP, but I don't have a clue what needs to
be tweaked for Windows 7 if anything. I've gone through the JFW help
topics, but I haven't been able to find anything there. So I would greatly
appreciate it if someone could either email me the settings that need to be
changed, or a link to an article or articles that explain the best settings
for JFW and Windows 7. Thanks for your time and help.

Blessings,

Brian

Brian Hansen <BC.Hansen23@...>

That's good to know. So the scheme that comes up by default when Windows 7
is installed works just fine?

Blessings,

Brian

A friend of mine contacted me tonight wanting to know if there are certain
color and display settings that need to be set up when installing JFW on to
a Windows 7 system. Since I'm still using XP I'm familiar with the optimal
display settings for using JFW and XP, but I don't have a clue what needs to
be tweaked for Windows 7 if anything. I've gone through the JFW help
topics, but I haven't been able to find anything there. So I would greatly
appreciate it if someone could either email me the settings that need to be
changed, or a link to an article or articles that explain the best settings
for JFW and Windows 7. Thanks for your time and help.

Blessings,

Brian

Ambrose <ambroselh@...>

If you use the high contrast settings jaws has fits

A friend of mine contacted me tonight wanting to know if there are certain
color and display settings that need to be set up when installing JFW on to
a Windows 7 system. Since I'm still using XP I'm familiar with the optimal
display settings for using JFW and XP, but I don't have a clue what needs to
be tweaked for Windows 7 if anything. I've gone through the JFW help
topics, but I haven't been able to find anything there. So I would greatly
appreciate it if someone could either email me the settings that need to be
changed, or a link to an article or articles that explain the best settings
for JFW and Windows 7. Thanks for your time and help.

Blessings,

Brian

ohio1803@...

I may be remembering wrong. But I think that when I first installed my JAWS 12 on my Windows 7 Home Premium machine, I heard during the installation JAWS say something about adjusting the display settings automatically for optimal use with JAWS. Is that right?

Since I have some bit of vision, a few times I thought about trying this or that display setting. But I was worried over changing settings that might compromise JAWS performance. Does anyone have knowledge of this? Other than I heard Ambrose warn us against the high contrast settings.

I am still learning Windows 7 to some extent. And it seemed from a bit of navigating around that there were some changes in navigating to the place where you do the changes.

Thanks.
Rik

Dorothy <dorothy.ingram-gorban@...>

Yes but using jaws in high contrast on xp jaws had tantrums,why I had to
use Lunar to set in inverse mode,windows 7 is much easier regards dorothy