Topics

moderated opening a screenshot with Microsoft outlook 2016

John J. Fioravanti, Jr.

Good morning: I'm using Jaws 18 with windows 10. When someone sends me an email in outlook with a screenshot attached, I can't find it with jaws to open it. I have to use my iPhone. Is there a way to find the actual .PNG file with jaws in the body of the email?

Thank you.

John J. Fioravanti, Jr.

In fact, jaws reads the email before I open it as having an attachment; however, when I open it with Insert+a Jaws reports: "there are no attachments."

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J. Fioravanti, Jr. via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 08:07 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: opening a screenshot with Microsoft outlook 2016

Good morning: I'm using Jaws 18 with windows 10. When someone sends me an email in outlook with a screenshot attached, I can't find it with jaws to open it. I have to use my iPhone. Is there a way to find the actual .PNG file with jaws in the body of the email?

Thank you.

george b

Open the email

Hit tab and it will move to the attachement line and it should read attachement and it’s title and size

From there you can hit shift f10 and arrow down to what you wish to do

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J. Fioravanti, Jr.
Sent: February 23, 2020 5:10
Subject: Re: opening a screenshot with Microsoft outlook 2016

In fact, jaws reads the email before I open it as having an attachment; however, when I open it with Insert+a Jaws reports: "there are no attachments."

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J. Fioravanti, Jr. via Groups.Io

Thank you.

John J. Fioravanti, Jr.

It's not reading where the attachment is so I can't open it.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of george b
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 08:48 AM

Open the email

Hit tab and it will move to the attachement line and it should read attachement and it’s title and size

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J. Fioravanti, Jr.

Thank you.

Jason White

Make sure the sender is giving you HTML-formatted mail, or plain text, not the old format that Microsoft Outlook used to generate – I think it was based on RTF.

At least in older versions of Microsoft Outlook (e.g., 2013), it was hard to find attachments in those messages.

With current Microsoft Outlook, it’s Shift+Tab after you open the message.

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of "John J. Fioravanti, Jr." <fioresq1@...>
Reply-To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Sunday, February 23, 2020 at 08:07
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>

Thank you.

george b

Forward the email to my email address and I will look

Sent: February 23, 2020 5:52

It's not reading where the attachment is so I can't open it.

Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 08:48 AM

Open the email

Thank you.

Richard Turner

It sounds like it is embedded rather than a clear attachment.

Not sure how to deal with those.

Maybe try the File menu and Save All Attachments?

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 5:48 AM

Open the email

Thank you.

David Kingsbury

Hello,

Normally, you should be able to access it the same as any other attachment. That is, open the message and hit shift tab once to place focus on it. You can then hit enter to be given various options on what to do with it. That said, your problem may be that you are using a very old version of JAWS.  Probably time to update to JAWS 2020 with the annual license. 

David

What version of Outlook is this?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Kingsbury
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 8:50 AM

Hello,

Normally, you should be able to access it the same as any other attachment. That is, open the message and hit shift tab once to place focus on it. You can then hit enter to be given various options on what to do with it. That said, your problem may be that you are using a very old version of JAWS.  Probably time to update to JAWS 2020 with the annual license. 

David

You sometimes can get embedded attachments by going to the file menu and selecting Save All Attachments.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 7:45 AM

It sounds like it is embedded rather than a clear attachment.

Not sure how to deal with those.

Maybe try the File menu and Save All Attachments?

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 5:48 AM

Open the email

Thank you.