moderated Open file location is now disappeared from the start menu

Michael Munn

Hello all, I have a question here.
I updated to Windows 11 a long time ago and one thing that I realized is that one of my favorite features is gone. In Windows 10, there is a feature that I really like and that is one has the ability to open a file location where a file is saved from the start menu and in Windows 11, this feature seemed to be found nowhere.
I want to know How I can accomplish the same task with Windows 11?
Thanks
best regards
Michael H. Munn

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Georgia

www.nfbga.org

Member: National association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu

I'm not sitting at a Windows 11 machine at the moment, but most of my "old favorites" are found by activating the last item in the context menu, which is something like "more actions" (that's probably not the exact wording).

I use "Send to" quite a bit, and that's where it is.

Loy

You can use the context key on an application  and open file location is in the list.

I updated to Windows 11 a long time ago and one thing that I realized is that one of my favorite features is gone. In Windows 10, there is a feature that I really like and that is one has the ability to open a file location where a file is saved from the start menu and in Windows 11, this feature seemed to be found nowhere.
I want to know How I can accomplish the same task with Windows 11?
Thanks
best regards
Michael H. Munn

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Georgia

www.nfbga.org

Member: National association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu

Armando L. Vias

Hello Michael!

Unfortunately, I don’t have Windows 11 right now. Are you talking about File Explorer? Becausee after searching on Google, it only says File Explorer. Are you talking about File Explorer?

I updated to Windows 11 a long time ago and one thing that I realized is that one of my favorite features is gone. In Windows 10, there is a feature that I really like and that is one has the ability to open a file location where a file is saved from the start menu and in Windows 11, this feature seemed to be found nowhere.

I want to know How I can accomplish the same task with Windows 11?

Thanks

best regards

Michael H. Munn

Michael Munn

Ok thanks, do you know how to do that?

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 8:39 PM Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:
[...]

Type the name of the app or folder in the search box, when the name appears, use the context key and open file location will appear in the list of options.
Or you can type run in search and there type shell:appsfolder enter and a list of apps will appear. use the context key and open file location is in the list of options.
Shift F10 can be used if you don't have a context key.

I updated to Windows 11 a long time ago and one thing that I realized is that one of my favorite features is gone. In Windows 10, there is a feature that I really like and that is one has the ability to open a file location where a file is saved from the start menu and in Windows 11, this feature seemed to be found nowhere.
I want to know How I can accomplish the same task with Windows 11?
Thanks
best regards
Michael H. Munn

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Georgia

www.nfbga.org

Member: National association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu

Michael Munn

Thanks yall so much. The problem is now resolved.
Best regards
Michael H. Munn

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students, National Federation of Georgia
http://nfbga.org
Member National Association of Blind Students, National Federation of the Blind
http://nfb.org
Student of: Hadley Institute for the Blind
http://hadley.edu