Topics

Office/Outlook spell check question

Madison Martin

Hi all,
I'm not sure if this is something that can just be fixed for Outlook, or if it
has to be done for all Office programs. I don't even know if it can be fixed
period, but I hope that it can. Anyway, I'm running Windows 10, Jaws 18 and
Office/Outlook 2013. I have Outlook set to check spelling before sending a
message and sometimes I'm told that the dictionary language is English (Canada)
and other times it's in English (United States). When you tab to change or
ignore the error you go past a combo box where you're supposed to be able to
change the selected language using the arrow keys, but when I tried to do that
(it was on English United States) it just took me back to the inbox. So I'm
wondering, is there another way to change the dictionary language? Since I'm
Canadian I'd like to have it be set to Canadian English. The main Office program
that I use is Outlook so that's the main place where I'd like the dictionary
language changed, but if I have to or can change it in Word then that would be
nice too!! I hope that this makes sense, and that there's a easy/simple way to
change this. Look forward to any help/suggestions that any of you can provide!!
Thanks
Madison

Madison Martin

Hi all,
I'm not sure if this is something that can just be fixed for Outlook, or if it
has to be done for all Office programs. I don't even know if it can be fixed
period, but I hope that it can. Anyway, I'm running Windows 10, Jaws 18 and
Office/Outlook 2013. I have Outlook set to check spelling before sending a
message and sometimes I'm told that the dictionary language is English (Canada)
and other times it's in English (United States). When you tab to change or
ignore the error you go past a combo box where you're supposed to be able to
change the selected language using the arrow keys, but when I tried to do that
(it was on English United States) it just took me back to the inbox. So I'm
wondering, is there another way to change the dictionary language? Since I'm
Canadian I'd like to have it be set to Canadian English. The main Office program
that I use is Outlook so that's the main place where I'd like the dictionary
language changed, but if I have to or can change it in Word then that would be
nice too!! I hope that this makes sense, and that there's a easy/simple way to
change this. Look forward to any help/suggestions that any of you can provide!!
Thanks
Madison

Van Lant, Robin

Madison,
I think what you want is under Options. Alt F, then t to open the options dialog. Arrow down to the language group then tab to a combo box that lists language options.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 12:22 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Office/Outlook spell check question

Hi all,
I'm not sure if this is something that can just be fixed for Outlook, or if it has to be done for all Office programs. I don't even know if it can be fixed period, but I hope that it can. Anyway, I'm running Windows 10, Jaws 18 and Office/Outlook 2013. I have Outlook set to check spelling before sending a message and sometimes I'm told that the dictionary language is English (Canada) and other times it's in English (United States). When you tab to change or ignore the error you go past a combo box where you're supposed to be able to change the selected language using the arrow keys, but when I tried to do that (it was on English United States) it just took me back to the inbox. So I'm wondering, is there another way to change the dictionary language? Since I'm Canadian I'd like to have it be set to Canadian English. The main Office program that I use is Outlook so that's the main place where I'd like the dictionary language changed, but if I have to or can change it in Word then that would be nice too!! I hope that this makes sense, and that there's a easy/simple way to change this. Look forward to any help/suggestions that any of you can provide!!
Thanks
Madison

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Cohn, Jonathan

Documents can be multilingual. So the dictionary and speech output can change within each document. So, first go into your Outlook/Word settings and make sure your default language is US/Canadian. But then if you are replying to a message from somebody in USA it could probably be switched back to US.
In JAWS there is a setting to not only switch synthesizers on language but on dialect. If you click this, then JAWS should speak differently for US English and UK English and Indian English. I am not sure if there are any speech synthesizers for Canadian  dialects. So perhaps my suggestions of toggle that JAWS setting won't help you to recognize you have switched dialects.

Madison Martin

I don’t want Jaws to speak differently, I just want to change the dictionary language.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cohn, Jonathan via groups.io
Sent: September 23, 2020 3:29 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Office/Outlook spell check question

Documents can be multilingual. So the dictionary and speech output can change within each document. So, first go into your Outlook/Word settings and make sure your default language is US/Canadian. But then if you are replying to a message from somebody in USA it could probably be switched back to US.
In JAWS there is a setting to not only switch synthesizers on language but on dialect. If you click this, then JAWS should speak differently for US English and UK English and Indian English. I am not sure if there are any speech synthesizers for Canadian  dialects. So perhaps my suggestions of toggle that JAWS setting won't help you to recognize you have switched dialects.