moderated Office 365 web version

Ann Byrne

In her job, my student is using Google chrome to access Office 365. In word, when I press insert+q, JAWS says that Google Chrome scripts are loaded. The word keys do not access the ribbon, save a file, or access word options.

The desktop version of office is not an option. what is the trick to use Office 365 web version.

Thanks mmuch,

Ann

Michael Mote

Hi Ann. If you're talking about Wordin Google Chrome, I would suggest
turning off the virtual cursor by pressing Insert plus the letter Z when
editing a document. For Outlook, I would inquire and see if the light
version or the "Low band Width" version is available. If that is the case,
JAWS should work with this better.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 3:11 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Office 365 web version

In her job, my student is using Google chrome to access Office 365. In
word, when I press insert+q, JAWS says that Google Chrome scripts are
loaded. The word keys do not access the ribbon, save a file, or access word
options.

The desktop version of office is not an option. what is the trick to use
Office 365 web version.

Thanks mmuch,

Ann

Ben Moxey

Hi Anne

A couple of quick tips that I hope will be really helpful to get up and running.

• As Michael said, the Virtual Cursor should be toggled off most of the time using JAWS + Z. For convenience, you can set it to be automatically turned off for this website using the Quick Settings (JAWS + V) dialog box and turning off the Virtual Cursor under the “Personalised Web Settings” section.
  • Use Alt + Windows key to access the ribbons. You can then add additional keys to go straight to a particular ribbon/feature. JAWS will speak these keys aloud as you navigate the ribbons for future reference.
  • Press Tab to collapse a ribbon, and then use your left and right arrows to explore the features.
  • My favourite for finding features quickly; press your Applications key or Shift + F10 within the body of the document and you’ll notice that the first option is a search box. Start typing the feature that you’re looking for and down arrow to find it. Often quicker than using the ribbon if you can’t remember the key sequence.
  • Use Control + F6 to move through the different sections of the application. Add Shift to move in the opposite direction.
  • Press Alt + Shift + A from the body of the document to access accessibility help.

All the best and good luck!

Ben

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Mote
Sent: Thursday, 16 September 2021 6:35 AM
Subject: Re: Office 365 web version

Hi Ann. If you're talking about Wordin Google Chrome, I would suggest turning off the virtual cursor by pressing Insert plus the letter Z when editing a document. For Outlook, I would inquire and see if the light version or the "Low band Width" version is available. If that is the case, JAWS should work with this better.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne

Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 3:11 PM

Subject: Office 365 web version

In her job, my student is using Google chrome to access Office 365.  In word, when I press insert+q, JAWS says that Google Chrome scripts are loaded.  The word keys do not access the ribbon, save a file, or access word options.

The desktop version of office is not an option.  what is the trick to use Office 365 web version.

Thanks mmuch,

Ann