Topics

moderated Office365Outlook and auto fill

Don Mauck

Hello, I’m using Office365 with Outlook Microsoft Outlook Subscription Version 16.0.11328.20644 and I cannot get the address auto fill to work. This is when sending emails.

I know for example I’ve quite a few contacts that start with “K,” yet when I type that letter, if I’m lucky I get two possible entries. That is just one example. I’m tried the latest version of JAWS2020 and I’m also trying with JAWS2021 including the latest BETA.

Version 2021.2011.16 ILM

What am I missing? Are we still having this issue in general?

Regards:

Don Mauck | Senior Accessibility Evangelist | Accessibility Program Office |  (APO)

303.334.4184

Don.mauck@...

Van Lant, Robin

Don,

Outlook only suggests addresses you have send to recently.  By Recently, I mean since the last time the autocomplete  list was cleared. If you type a K and only hear one or two suggestions, type a bit more than hit Control K for Outlook to show you all possible contacts that contain those letters. Some people prefer to Tab back to the To button and use that dialog box to populate the address field, but I tend to use the Control K method.  There was a recent thread on this list with other furstrations related to this. I find that the way Outlook does autocomplete now is too finicky. Someone had an explanation for it, but still didn’t’ make sense to me. I might find that typing “SM” might show me a Kelly Smith in my contacts, but typing “SMI” Does not. It’s like I have to type one letter and a time and wait after each to se what Outlook suggests before moving on to the next letter. That’ probably works fine for sighted users, but feels very tedious to me when waiting for JAWS to read it out.

Hello, I’m using Office365 with Outlook Microsoft Outlook Subscription Version 16.0.11328.20644 and I cannot get the address auto fill to work. This is when sending emails.

I know for example I’ve quite a few contacts that start with “K,” yet when I type that letter, if I’m lucky I get two possible entries. That is just one example. I’m tried the latest version of JAWS2020 and I’m also trying with JAWS2021 including the latest BETA.

Version 2021.2011.16 ILM

What am I missing? Are we still having this issue in general?

Regards:

Don Mauck | Senior Accessibility Evangelist | Accessibility Program Office |  (APO)

303.334.4184

Don.mauck@...

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Don Mauck

Thanks, that’s a keystroke I’ve known about and never though to use. Great for reminding me.

[...]

Dan Longmore

Yes, I am still experiencing the issue. Sometimes I don’t get any results sometimes limited ones and sometimes it’s fine. I have found that if I Tabway and come back or restart jaws and the problem is fixed. Like all software these are the little bugs that just drive you crazy