Topics

OCR programs and JAWS

mostafa almahdy <mostafa.almahdy@...>

Hello Alan ; nice to see you here ; yes ; Freedom Scientific will
certainly seek for it's huge profit as we tend to see ; a good point
Dave is to possess for the first OCR that was made particularly for
the blind ; but if you can give us some additional details about the
core concept of this research , I would be glad to be involved.

On 6/1/11, Alan Dicey <adicey@...> wrote:
Hello Friends,
Well, the first scanner I purchased in 1999 was a HP flat bed, only cost
about $200, part of a total computer package from Gateway Computers.
It came with a free OCR program, and that served me just as well as the Open
Book program I got some years later.
All my HP scanners came with Free OCR software, including the last HP I
purchased.
I wonder if they still come with the free OCR software?

I am using an Epson Perfection 350 now.

I still cannot understand Why FS will not incorporate Open Book into JAWS ,
and sell it as one package!
I bet they will one of these days!
Makes JAWS more attractive, and other "off-the-shelf" OCR packages will
surely put Open Book out of business!

With Best Regards,
Alan
Miami, Florida
Alan Dicey, President
"Yes, Blind and Visually Impaired People, Can, and Do, Play Chess!"
United States Braille Chess Association Home Page:
http://AmericanBlindChess.org