From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of aaron lane
Sent: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 11:41 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: OCR component not installed

I just downloaded JAWS 21 yesterday, with an internet connection, and when I try to use OCR, I get a message that says OCR component not installed. Do I need to run the installer again, or is there an alternative?

Adrian Spratt

If you have a JAWS disc, it should be there.

I remember there could be an issue with which version of the OCR component was installed.

I'd call FS support.
Or, try a Jaws repair.

Richard
- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com

I just downloaded JAWS 21 yesterday, with an internet connection, and when I try to use OCR, I get a message that says OCR component not installed. Do I need to run the installer again, or is there an alternative?

Richard Turner

They do not provide discs any more. I tis all download.
He might check to see if it is downloadable if a repair doesn't do it.

Richard
- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turner42.com%2F&;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd36d51ec08454cd2913008d926014042%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637582609074581024%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=ChGjxsztOjKYlDILOTj%2BubC2rhCluKwgshNIELTlLH0%3D&amp;reserved=0