Topics

moderated Notice the following with JAWS 2020

Ron Kolesar

Good morning to all, from Ron Kolesar.
Noticed the following when speaking dollar signs.
For some weird reason it's saying dollar and the figures, instead of saying the figures then the word dollars.
For example, for $2.00 it will say dollar two instead of two dollars.
How can we fix this?
Many thanks.
Ron KR3DOG
In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,From
Ron Kolesar
And
With the Call Sign of KR3DOG

Dean Martineau

I'm not finding this in the February update. I haven't applied the March
update yet. I'll test it when I do, as that would be an easy way to find
the source of the problem.

Noticed the following when speaking dollar signs.
For some weird reason it's saying dollar and the figures, instead of saying
the figures then the word dollars.
For example, for $2.00 it will say dollar two instead of two dollars.
How can we fix this?
Many thanks.
Ron KR3DOG
Best Whishes,From
Ron Kolesar
And
With the Call Sign of KR3DOG

Richard Turner

Ron,
I think you may have found a bug.
Under Number and Date processing in Jaws settings center, there is a checkbox for Say Dollar. If checked, it is supposed to do what you want.
But for me, checked or unchecked it says the same thing.
The text after that checkbox is:
When selected, numbers preceded by a dollar sign are read using the dollars and cents format. For example, $9.95 is read as nine dollars and ninety five cents. To read monetary values less than a dollar, a zero is required to represent dollars. For example, $0.02 is read as two cents.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper