Topics

moderated No Luck With Closing Program Via Task Manager

Tom Behler

Hello again, everyone.

I tried Gerald’s suggestion about making sure the program I am working with is completely closed using the task manager, but had no luck.

I couldn’t find the program listed in the task manager itself, which to me, means it should already be closed.

I also looked in the system tray, but couldn’t find it there either, but perhaps I’m not looking in the right spot.  If someone could tell me where to look for any open programs in the system tray, that would be appreciated.

Why the program still won’t re-open, unless I completely shut down and re-boot my computer remains a mystery to me.

Once again, I’m using Windows 10 and the latest version of Jaws 2021 here.

Tom Behler

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Tom,
Did you look through both programs and processes?
HTH.
Glenn

I tried Gerald’s suggestion about making sure the program I am working with is completely closed using the task manager, but had no luck.

I couldn’t find the program listed in the task manager itself, which to me, means it should already be closed.

I also looked in the system tray, but couldn’t find it there either, but perhaps I’m not looking in the right spot.  If someone could tell me where to look for any open programs in the system tray, that would be appreciated.

Why the program still won’t re-open, unless I completely shut down and re-boot my computer remains a mystery to me.

Once again, I’m using Windows 10 and the latest version of Jaws 2021 here.

Tom Behler

Richard Turner

Is it one particular program?

I didn’t see the earlier part of this thread.

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com

I tried Gerald’s suggestion about making sure the program I am working with is completely closed using the task manager, but had no luck.

I couldn’t find the program listed in the task manager itself, which to me, means it should already be closed.

I also looked in the system tray, but couldn’t find it there either, but perhaps I’m not looking in the right spot.  If someone could tell me where to look for any open programs in the system tray, that would be appreciated.

Why the program still won’t re-open, unless I completely shut down and re-boot my computer remains a mystery to me.

Once again, I’m using Windows 10 and the latest version of Jaws 2021 here.

Tom Behler

Michael Mote

Hi Tom. In the Task manager, you may need to close the process of said program. Sometimes, the instance of it running can hide there. I would look in the processes area in your Task Manager and see if it is indeed running there. What program is this that we are talking about?

I tried Gerald’s suggestion about making sure the program I am working with is completely closed using the task manager, but had no luck.

I couldn’t find the program listed in the task manager itself, which to me, means it should already be closed.

I also looked in the system tray, but couldn’t find it there either, but perhaps I’m not looking in the right spot.  If someone could tell me where to look for any open programs in the system tray, that would be appreciated.

Why the program still won’t re-open, unless I completely shut down and re-boot my computer remains a mystery to me.

Once again, I’m using Windows 10 and the latest version of Jaws 2021 here.

Tom Behler

Tom Behler

Yes it is.

It is a program that a colleague has designed for us to send Morse Code via the computer.

We are teaching this for the students in the Handihams organization.

Tom Behler

I didn’t see the earlier part of this thread.

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com

I tried Gerald’s suggestion about making sure the program I am working with is completely closed using the task manager, but had no luck.

I couldn’t find the program listed in the task manager itself, which to me, means it should already be closed.

I also looked in the system tray, but couldn’t find it there either, but perhaps I’m not looking in the right spot.  If someone could tell me where to look for any open programs in the system tray, that would be appreciated.

Why the program still won’t re-open, unless I completely shut down and re-boot my computer remains a mystery to me.

Once again, I’m using Windows 10 and the latest version of Jaws 2021 here.

Tom Behler

Richard Turner

Perhaps the designer needs to see if they need to add something to that program to insure all processes close when you exit.

It sounds like something is hanging somewhere.

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com