Press Windows Key + A and tab until you hear Tablet Mode, if it is checked press the spacebar to uncheck it.

From: Bill White
 There are two settings that you can change to make sure that, in the future, even if Tablet Mode does get turned on, your desktop and task bar won't be
hidden.

1. Open Settings with Windows key plus I.

2. TAB 1 time to the list of Settings categories, and press ENTER on System.

3. Arrow down to Tablet Mode, and press ENTER.

4. Under Tablet Mode, make sure, Hide app icons on the taskbar in tablet mode Button is Off

5. Also under Tablet Mode, make sure, Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode Button is Off.
Bill White

From:  Kevin
The problem was that it was in tablet mode.  How I got it out was by pressing, Win + A, for the
Action Center, then tabbed to, Tablet, and unchecked it.  Then to prevent the computer from automatically starting in tablet mode I
went to Settings, Win + I, selected, System, then arrow down to, Tablet Mode, arrowed to, Desktop, Tabbed to, and selected never switch.
Kevin

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool.

When I turn on my laptop, it does not go to desk top. Even when I press windows key plus letter d or m nothing changes. The only way to access my desk top is through file manager.please, how can I access my desk top by pressing windows key plus letter d or m
Thanks

musiime ralph

Thankyou. it has worked for me.

On 06/03/2022, Mike B. <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
Here are a few notes that might help.

Is it possible you turned on Tablet Mode?

--
Musiime Ralph
Accessibility and inclusion evangelist

Curtis Chong

Worst case scenario, contact the Microsoft disability Answer Desk at
800-936-5900.

One thing to try:

Press Windows M to get to what is supposed to be the Desktop. Open the
Context menu with the applications key or Shift F10. If the menu pops up,
open the View submenu. See if Show Desktop icons is checked. If it is not,
check it. This will hopefully solve the problem.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

When I turn on my laptop, it does not go to desk top. Even when I press
windows key plus letter d or m nothing changes. The only way to access my
desk top is through file manager.please, how can I access my desk top by
pressing windows key plus letter d or m
Thanks

Jeff Christiansen

Is this displayed in tablet mode?

When I turn on my laptop, it does not go to desk top. Even when I press
windows key plus letter d or m nothing changes. The only way to access my
desk top is through file manager.please, how can I access my desk top by
pressing windows key plus letter d or m Thanks

Mike B.

Apparently the Tablet mode had become activated and after turning it off he got his desktop back.