moderated NLS Humanware E-reader as a Braille Display

Tony Sohl

Hi we got the NLS e-readers we are testing and they connect very nicely with JAWS.

One thing we h ave noticed, when writing on the keyboard, you have to write in grade 1 braille and can you set this to grade 2 and is ther a back 5ranslator in JAWS to translate the text you write from Braille into rpint?

/Sent from my Windows 10 HP

Chris Hill

The answer to most of your questions is yes.  Here's something that might help:

https://doccenter.freedomscientific.com/doccenter/doccenter/rs25c51746a0cc/2015-03-11_jawsbraillein/02_JAWSBrailleIn.htm

On 8/26/2021 14:12, Tony Sohl wrote:
Hi we got the NLS e-readers we are testing and they connect very nicely with JAWS.

One thing we h ave noticed, when writing on the keyboard, you have to write in grade 1 braille and can you set this to grade 2 and is ther a back 5ranslator in JAWS to translate the text you write from Braille into rpint?

/Sent from my Windows 10 HP

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Hi If you switch the imput to grade 2 then you will get your text back
translated when you type in grade 2. \
Kind regards, Kenny Peyatt jr.

Hi we got the NLS e-readers we are testing and they connect very nicely with
JAWS.

One thing we h ave noticed, when writing on the keyboard, you have to write
in grade 1 braille and can you set this to grade 2 and is ther a back
5ranslator in JAWS to translate the text you write from Braille into rpint?

/Sent from my Windows 10 HP

Rod

How can I get my hands on one of those?

Rod,

Rod Alcidonis, Esq.

Hi we got the NLS e-readers we are testing and they connect very nicely
with JAWS.

One thing we h ave noticed, when writing on the keyboard, you have to
write in grade 1 braille and can you set this to grade 2 and is ther a
back 5ranslator in JAWS to translate the text you write from Braille
into rpint?

/Sent from my Windows 10 HP

Bill White

Hi, Rod. First, you must be a patron of one of the regional libraries
affiliated with NLS. Secondly, you must be in one of the states that is
participating in the eReader program. Call your regional library, and find
out if your state is participating in this program.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

Hi we got the NLS e-readers we are testing and they connect very nicely
with JAWS.

One thing we h ave noticed, when writing on the keyboard, you have to
write in grade 1 braille and can you set this to grade 2 and is ther a
back 5ranslator in JAWS to translate the text you write from Braille
into rpint?

/Sent from my Windows 10 HP

tina sohl

Talk with your library. SEE if they're part of the pilot program.

On 8/26/21, Rod <rodalcidonis@gmail.com> wrote:
How can I get my hands on one of those?

Rod,

Rod Alcidonis, Esq.
Hi we got the NLS e-readers we are testing and they connect very nicely
with JAWS.

One thing we h ave noticed, when writing on the keyboard, you have to
write in grade 1 braille and can you set this to grade 2 and is ther a
back 5ranslator in JAWS to translate the text you write from Braille
into rpint?

/Sent from my Windows 10 HP

Rod

Do we have a list of sates somwwhere?

Rod Alcidonis, Esq.

Hi we got the NLS e-readers we are testing and they connect very nicely
with JAWS.

One thing we h ave noticed, when writing on the keyboard, you have to
write in grade 1 braille and can you set this to grade 2 and is ther a
back 5ranslator in JAWS to translate the text you write from Braille
into rpint?

/Sent from my Windows 10 HP

Rod

Thanks. I will call tomorrow.

Rod Alcidonis, Esq.

Hi we got the NLS e-readers we are testing and they connect very nicely
with JAWS.

One thing we h ave noticed, when writing on the keyboard, you have to
write in grade 1 braille and can you set this to grade 2 and is ther a
back 5ranslator in JAWS to translate the text you write from Braille
into rpint?

/Sent from my Windows 10 HP

Claudia

What is this NLS EReader?
Thanks.

Claudia

Hi we got the NLS e-readers we are testing and they connect very nicely with
JAWS.

One thing we h ave noticed, when writing on the keyboard, you have to write
in grade 1 braille and can you set this to grade 2 and is ther a back
5ranslator in JAWS to translate the text you write from Braille into rpint?

/Sent from my Windows 10 HP

Bill White

the eReader is a braille display that allows eligible NLS patrons to read
braille books from BARD. It is loaned to the patron by cooperating libraries
in states that participate in the pilot eReader program.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

Hi we got the NLS e-readers we are testing and they connect very nicely with
JAWS.

One thing we h ave noticed, when writing on the keyboard, you have to write
in grade 1 braille and can you set this to grade 2 and is ther a back
5ranslator in JAWS to translate the text you write from Braille into rpint?

/Sent from my Windows 10 HP

Cohn, Jonathan

Looking at this document, several of the chords mentioned are not the ones I use with my HumanWare Brailliant vi 40 display.
For example to change Braille mode, is space with dots 2,5 while this document mentions chord-M. Several of the items in the listing mention focus features, so perhaps Focus Braille commands are differently laid out than HumanWare one even when they are just Perkins chord commands.
Jonathan Cohn