Topics

moderated need information

maryjane

Hello I  am running windows 10 and jaws 17 how do I make google my home page. I don’t know how to use Microsoft edge

george b

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of maryjane
Sent: June 4, 2020 2:32
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: need information

Hello I  am running windows 10 and jaws 17 how do I make google my home page. I don’t know how to use Microsoft edge

You may also run into issues with Jaws 17 as there will be more and more incompatibility with it and Windows 10 and modern browsers.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of george b
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 4:24 AM
Subject: Re: need information

Change your browser home page - Microsoft Support

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of maryjane
Sent: June 4, 2020 2:32
Subject: need information

There really is a finite shelf life to any software, but that for screen readers is much shorter than that of many other types of software.  The pace of changes in coding for the web alone dictates certain changes in screen readers and the changes in Windows 10 sometimes do, as well.

A three-year-old version of any screen reader, on a system that's up-to-date otherwise, is asking for problems.

Also, it would help to know, if we're talking about Edge, whether we're talking new Edge or original Edge.  If you hit ALT+F,B,M and end up on the About pane for Edge and it shows a Version, then you have new Edge, which is the only thing anyone should be using now.  If nothing comes up, you have original Edge, and need to visit the Edge Download Page and download and install the latest Edge browser before doing anything else.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss