moderated need help with a groups.io account

Terry

Hello. I’ve set up an account with groups.io and I have some questions.

It lists me as the owner. I need to change the email associated with that account, but have no idea what the password is or how to change it.

I need to add a moderator to the account.

Lastly, can I change the fact that after new members are added they have to send 2 messages before they are taken off of moderated status.

Sorry for all of the questions, but I’m new to all of this. I’ve checked the help section, but I can’t find anything to help me out. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

As far as setting a password, see these two tutorials:

Establishing a Groups.io Website Account Password If You’ve Been an E-Mail Only User (docx)

Changing the Email Address for Your Groups.io Account (docx)

You also need to have a look through the Groups.io Owner's Manual. That covers almost every aspect of moderation you could imagine.  To answer your specific question, under the Admin section the Group Owners/Moderators see when browsing their groups with the web interface, there is a section entitled "Spam Control." if you activate the control for that section, under it is an checkbox, New Members Moderated, which is checked by default immediately followed by a dropdown box for, Unmoderate after, which allows you to chose Not Enabled as well as any number of messages between 1 and 4.  The default selection is 1 Message.

    ~ William Plomer