moderated need help with a groups.io account

Terry

Hello. I’ve set up an account with groups.io and I have some questions.

It lists me as the owner. I need to change the email associated with that account, but have no idea what the password is or how to change it.

I need to add a moderator to the account.

Lastly, can I change the fact that after new members are added they have to send 2 messages before they are taken off of moderated status.

Sorry for all of the questions, but I’m new to all of this. I’ve checked the help section, but I can’t find anything to help me out. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

As far as setting a password, see these two tutorials: 

Establishing a Groups.io Website Account Password If You’ve Been an E-Mail Only User (docx)

Changing the Email Address for Your Groups.io Account (docx)

You also need to have a look through the Groups.io Owner's Manual. That covers almost every aspect of moderation you could imagine.  To answer your specific question, under the Admin section the Group Owners/Moderators see when browsing their groups with the web interface, there is a section entitled "Spam Control." if you activate the control for that section, under it is an checkbox, New Members Moderated, which is checked by default immediately followed by a dropdown box for, Unmoderate after, which allows you to chose Not Enabled as well as any number of messages between 1 and 4.  The default selection is 1 Message.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer