need help for a friend please

Sugar <sugarsyl71@...>

Hi, can anyone please tell me what my friend can do to help get her document back, here is what she wrote me:
thanks if any light can be shed upon this:
sugar

she wrote:
Sugar,

HELP!!!!!

During this year 2011, since January the 1st; I have felt led to compile some promises that God had spoken to me in His Word each day. Sometimes, I would just type prayers, or Scripture with me writing comments after them.

I should have called this document "A JOURNEY WITH GOD instead of "GOD'S PROMISES TO ME." Actually, the document has just been called God.dox. I am not sure why Window's didn't grab all that title, but it did not.

Anyway, I had just finished typing this morning, what I felt God was speaking and was trying to save it with "control key and the letter s." However, I accidentally pushed, I believe the alt key along with the letter A. No big deal, it just simply took me back up to page 1; at least that's what it read. So, I simply pushed the "Control S" to save and then closed the document with "alt F-4." However, just this afternoon, when I opened the document, it is totally blank. I cannot seem to find the 161 pages of document!! Do you know what might have happened to it?? I just feel bad about this. Please let me know your opinion.

God Bless,

'Real tears are not those that fall from your eyes and cover your face,
but that fall from your heart and cover your soul.'
~Be Blessed, Sugar

George B

Maybe god took it

she wrote:
[...]

Dorothy <dorothy.ingram-gorban@...>

Maybe it is in her recycle bin? Or maybe a system restore will help,if not
tell her to ask god what he has done with it!

she wrote:
[...]

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

YIKES!
It sounds like she didn't hit Alt plus A, but rather, Control plus A. That highlighted everything. If she hit a key after that, she replaced everything in the document with that single letter or character.
At that point, she could have pressed Control plus Z to reverse the last action.
Instead, it looks like she saved an essentially blank document over her other document.
Of course, she had a back-up copy of the document stored elsewhere. Right?
If so, she should just retrieve the back-up. It will, it is hoped, have most of the contents, minus the last few entries.
If she doesn't have a back-up, she almost certainly will in the future! <SMILE>
Seriously, I think the document is entirely gone, but if someone on this list knows a way to get it back, other than through a back-up, I'm all ears!

she wrote:
[...]

#############################################################################################################
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
Thank you.
#############################################################################################################

Holger Fiallo <holgerfiallo@...>

go to search pressing window and typing the name of the file.

she wrote:
[...]

Holger Fiallo
Kind Regard

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

I think God was trying to tell her something.

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

At 03:07 PM 7/3/2011, you wrote:
Maybe god took it
*LOL* You thought of it before I did.

Seriously, try a Windows Find command an dsearch for something similar to the name you THINK you saved it under. Or, try going into Word and looking at the list of recently-opened files on the file menu.

Chris

James Homuth

This isn't exactly a message specific to a problem with JAWS, folks. I'd
recommend taking further discussion to private emails, please.

James,
List Admin

Seriously, try a Windows Find command an dsearch for something similar to
the name you THINK you saved it under. Or, try going into Word and looking
at the list of recently-opened files on the file menu.

Chris

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Sounds as if she accidentally selected the entire document and took it
out. Hope she has an earlier version! CTRL-Z could have caught it,
prior to the save.

Tell her not to feel too bad; I once took out an entire Windows
directory--talk about embarrassing! Of course, I restored it, but that
meant every file began with a question mark.

Ted