moderated Navigating to attachments in Outlook - problem seems to be solved

Cynthia Bruce

Ah, I wonder if the RTF format is the issue. It has started working again as mysteriously as it stopped.

Thanks, everyone, for your responses.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Curtis Chong
Sent: October 5, 2021 12:11 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Navigating to attachments in Outlook

Cynthia:

It is also possible that you received an email in the rich text format. In such a situation, you cannot tab to a list of attachments because the attachment is actually imbedded in the body of the email.

Another thing that typically happens, particularly with email listserv messages, is that JAWS tells you that there is an attachment but in reality, there is not.

Check other messages to see if you can get to the attachments with them. This will help to identify whether the problem is message-specific or global.

With best regards,

Curtis Chong

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cynthia Bruce
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2021 9:05 AM

I did try that, and it isn’t working either.

Thanks, though

Cynthia

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Doering
Sent: October 5, 2021 12:01 PM

That happens to me sometimes.

When in the body of the message, hit shift tab and it should put you in the attachments field.

HTH,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cynthia Bruce
Sent: Tuesday, October 5, 2021 9:56 AM
Subject: Navigating to attachments in Outlook

Hi All,

I am not entirely sure if this is a JAWS issue, but in the last couple of days, I can’t seem to navigate to attachments in Outlook. I know they are there because JAWS tells me there are attachments when I am scrolling through my messages. However, when I back space or use insert A to get to the attachments, JAWS tells me there are no attachments.

I am using JAWS 2021, the latest version I believe, and the most current version of Outlook.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cynthia