moderated Navigating Outlook messages

                this topic was probably discussed earlier, when it was actual, but I was not a member of the group at the time. I tried to find something in the search but I didn't succeed.

Although navigating through the Outlook message list is now much faster than before, I don't like one change at all and I can't set it to the old.

Namely, JAWS 2021 controlled which columns would be read in the list of messages and which not, and that was very convenient.

I almost managed to set everything up for JAWS 2022 in Outlook, only one thing I can't do. If the message arrived today, I just want to get information about the time of arrival, not the date.

JAWS 2021 told me:

Unread John Smith, what are you doing, 16:23.

And now in 2022 it tells me:

Unread John Smith, what are you doing, 24.2.2022 16:23.

It was the same with the messages that arrived yesterday. 2021 spoke yesterday, and 2022 reads the whole date again.

Is there a way to fix this through Outlook itself, or is the only solution to restore the 2021 scripts?

Curtis Chong

Hello:

Suggest using JAWS Table Commands. Hold down ALT with CTRL. The list is then columnized.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

[...]

Madison Martin

Okay, I have this same issue; is using this command a permanent fix?

[...]

Leo

Hello Aleksandar, nice to meet you here!

First and foremost, I will give you some instructions for what you want to do, but bare in mind that I’m actually using Microsoft 365, so I don’t know if the same instructions work for the Microsoft Office retail versions.

Firstly, to modify which columns appear in the message list, follow this path in the ribbon menu:

View \ current view \ view settings, and at this point, hit enter.

The title of this dialogue must be “Advanced view settings,” and there are two important options here for this matter, and you can navigate to these options using the tab key.

Jaws will read The first important option   as “description columns,” and you want to check all the settings related to modifying the columns that appear in the message list inside of this dialogue.  I suggest familiarizing yourself with all these settings.

The second important option  in the dialogue called “advanced view settings” will be read by Jaws as “description format columns,” and inside of this dialogue you will be able to change the format of the information being displayed in each column that you have chosen to appear in the message list. In other words, inside of this dialogue is actually what you are looking for.

One of those settings is for instance, selecting the received column, and picking up the format, in your case, it would be only displaying  the time, for example, 8:40 am.

Good luck!

Best,

Leo

[...]

No. Its definitly not thing we like.

Hello Leo!
Thanks. I tried it, but in this case, I am losing date of earlier messages.  I will have time only for all messages, but date will be totally excluded. I tried to explain this to FS in the last beta period, but they remains silent. This change in outlook is good for speed, but bad for such mesage time things.