moderated Multiple versions for Jaws

kevin meyers

Hello, For the last month or so Jaws 2021 has been crashing. FS support has given me many suggestions of how to correct the problem. Nothing works. I mentioned that I have Jaws 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and Jaws18. They told me to uninstall all versions and reinstall Jaws 2021. Yesterday I uninstalled all of Jaws 18. I didn’t uninstall any other versions. I turned on my laptop this morning and Jaws2021 didn’t load. I went into Narrator and the message on the screen said Jaws needs to run with inspect. Therefore I need to contact FS sales. Okay what did I do to cause this problem? Will uninstall all other versions and then reinstalling Jaws2021 work? I tried to do a repair on Jaws 2021 and I got the same message. I hardly use Narrator. Does anyone have short cut keys to use Narrator?

Thanks, Kevin

Dan Longmore

Hi,

  Did you leave “Shared components” when un installing older versions?

IF you took out “shared components” this most likely is issue.

If this were me I would remove all versions and do a clean install of 2021.

Narrator should be able to work you through the process.

On a side note JAWS and Word , latest versions, causes JAWS to crash more often than before.

Dan

Hello, For the last month or so Jaws 2021 has been crashing. FS support has given me many suggestions of how to correct the problem. Nothing works. I mentioned that I have Jaws 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and Jaws18. They told me to uninstall all versions and reinstall Jaws 2021. Yesterday I uninstalled all of Jaws 18. I didn’t uninstall any other versions. I turned on my laptop this morning and Jaws2021 didn’t load. I went into Narrator and the message on the screen said Jaws needs to run with inspect. Therefore I need to contact FS sales. Okay what did I do to cause this problem? Will uninstall all other versions and then reinstalling Jaws2021 work? I tried to do a repair on Jaws 2021 and I got the same message. I hardly use Narrator. Does anyone have short cut keys to use Narrator?

Thanks, Kevin

I would strongly encourage you to follow Dan's advice, load Narrator and uninstall all versions of Jaws and once done go into Apps and Features one last time and check if there is anything left that says "Freedom Scientific". If so remove it as well, then download the latest Jaws 2021 installer and reinstall Jaws. If you are having difficulties and don't have sighted help you could always try Microsoft Accessibility or Aira, I believe Aira has a deal with Jaws to provide help beyond the free 5 minutes, but you would have to confirm with their agent. Both Microsoft Accessibility and Aira have the ability to connect to your computer and help, of course you probably still have to use Narrator to establish the connection.Dan is correct,