Topics

moderated MS Edge and Too Many Open Pages

Mike B

Hi All,

Running MS EDGE with the most current version of Windows 10 Pro and latest Jaws.

When I open Edge and then want to close it I have to press, Alt + F4, several times to close Edge completely

It seems like any little thing I do opens a new screen, tab or window.

How or what do I need to change so I have only my Homepage open when I open Edge?

And, when I press enter or shift + enter on a link, what setting needs to be changed so only 1 tab, screen or window opens?

I know how to go back and close screens, but like I mentioned, any little thing seems to open a new screen, tab or window.

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers, Lakers & Rams!

Mike,

             Already answered, on the TechTalk Group, here:  https://techtalk.groups.io/g/main/message/93487

             What follows is not aimed personally, but I have noticed lately that there has been a huge uptick of crossposting from multiple members in a number of groups, where they will copy and paste the same question and post it in multiple groups within seconds of each other.  This is generally considered rude, particularly when there is a large overlap between the participants in these groups (and that's true of many of the blind-technology related groups).

              Standard netiquette is to post in one, and only one, group initially and wait some reasonable amount of time to see if the question is answered.  Then, if and only if an answer was not forthcoming, move on to another group to ask.  There are groups where crossposting the first time will result in a suspension of posting privileges for some period of time and a second will get you banned.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Mario

IMO, I don't see where it's rude. the poster is just trying to get an answer from whom ever can provide a constructive response.

--

Brian -Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041

/The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it./
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 02:03 PM, Mario wrote:
IMO, I don't see where it's rude.
-
And, in this case, your opinion, or even my opinion, does not matter.  This is an issue of well-established netiquette.  And if you care to flout it, there will eventually be consequences.

And with this, I'm done on this topic.  A word to the wise is sufficient.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Shan Noyes

I don’t see any problem with cross posting because I like a lot of other people aren’t subscribe to all of those groups so I wouldn’t of seen the answer have a good day everyone