From: T. Civitello [mailto:tcivi31@...]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Sunday, October 18, 2020, 5:27 PM
Subject: MS Edge and JFW 2020
Have an annoying problem with Edge.  Using Jaws 2020, Win 7 and the
version of Edge that is supposed to work best with Win 7. When on a Web
site every time I press the enter key I get a long message about an
unknown function call followed by a long spelling out of letters and nu
numbers that occur too fast for me to recognize or copy.   Anyone know
how to cure this?  Thanks, Tom

T. Civitello

unknown function call to:
finddistantancestoroftype
finddistantancestoroftype
unknown function call to:
getobjectia2uniqueid
getobjectia2uniqueid
Amazon.com: AmazonBasics: AmazonBasics
Speech History
5Regions, 1heading and 134links
menu
System
graphic 72
System menu
Restore Unavailable
Move
Size Unavailable
Minimize
Maximize
Close
About...
Restore Unavailable
Move
System
graphic 72
Leaving menus
5Regions, 1heading and 134links
5Regions, 1heading and 134links
5Regions, 1heading and 134links
Amazon.com: AmazonBasics: AmazonBasics
Amazon.com: AmazonBasics: AmazonBasics
Amazon
Amazon.com: AmazonBasics: AmazonBasics
Amazon.com: AmazonBasics: AmazonBasics - Microsoft Edge
Amazon.com: AmazonBasics: AmazonBasics
Amazon.com: AmazonBasics: AmazonBasics
Amazon.com: AmazonBasics: AmazonBasics
Amazon.com: AmazonBasics: AmazonBasics
Link Skip to main content
unknown function call to:
finddistantancestoroftype
finddistantancestoroftype
unknown function call to:
getobjectia2uniqueid
getobjectia2uniqueid
ATVPDKIKX0DER/cf24817487741e26ba2ae2e7b9d81c23.w3000.h600._CR0%2C0%2C3000%2C600_SX1500_ Graphic

this message is indicative coming from the JAWS scripts. use the speech
feature in JAWS to copy what was exactly was. insert+spacebar and then
h. then navigate to, select and copy it and let us know what it said.
the message exactl

Have an annoying problem with Edge. Using Jaws 2020, Win 7 and the
version of Edge that is supposed to work best with Win 7. When on a Web
site every time I press the enter key I get a long message about an
unknown function call followed by a long spelling out of letters and nu
numbers that occur too fast for me to recognize or copy. Anyone know
how to cure this? Thanks, Tom

Mario

sounds like there are two function call issues.

try press insert+windows+f4. this should unload and reload JAWS after a ten or so seconds.

if the problem remains, try restarting the computer. if the message persists, unload JAWS by pressing alt+f4, press windows+r, type jaws followed by the version number, followed by a space and a slash and the word default, and press enter. this loads JAWS with a diagnostic set of defaults. see if the message persists.

you mightt have to call FS to fix it:
727-803-8600 or 800-444-4443.

From: T. Civitello [mailto:tcivi31@...]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Sunday, October 18, 2020, 5:27 PM
Have an annoying problem with Edge.  Using Jaws 2020, Win 7 and the
version of Edge that is supposed to work best with Win 7. When on a Web
site every time I press the enter key I get a long message about an
unknown function call followed by a long spelling out of letters and nu
numbers that occur too fast for me to recognize or copy.   Anyone know
how to cure this?  Thanks, Tom

.

Adrian Spratt

I haven't followed this thread, but the method I and several others have found that most reliably brings back JAWS in Windows 10 is to invoke Narrator with control-shift-enter. Makes no sense, but it works nearly every time.

From: T. Civitello [mailto:tcivi31@...]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Sunday, October 18, 2020, 5:27 PM
Have an annoying problem with Edge.  Using Jaws 2020, Win 7 and the version of Edge that is supposed to work best with Win 7. When on a Web site every time I press the enter key I get a long message about an unknown function call followed by a long spelling out of letters and nu numbers that occur too fast for me to recognize or copy.   Anyone know how to cure this?  Thanks, Tom

.

Bill White

Hi, Adrian. The command to invoke Narrator is CONTROL plus Windows key plus
ENTER, NOT, control-shift-enter.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

From: T. Civitello [mailto:tcivi31@...]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Sunday, October 18, 2020, 5:27 PM
Have an annoying problem with Edge.  Using Jaws 2020, Win 7 and the version
of Edge that is supposed to work best with Win 7. When on a Web site every
time I press the enter key I get a long message about an unknown function
call followed by a long spelling out of letters and nu numbers that occur
too fast for me to recognize or copy.   Anyone know how to cure this?
Thanks, Tom

.

Adrian Spratt

Bill, I'm glad you caught my lazy error. I'm so used to the command that it's like dialing a phone number. My fingers would do the dialing long before I could speak it.

From: T. Civitello [mailto:tcivi31@...]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Sunday, October 18, 2020, 5:27 PM
Have an annoying problem with Edge.  Using Jaws 2020, Win 7 and the version of Edge that is supposed to work best with Win 7. When on a Web site every time I press the enter key I get a long message about an unknown function call followed by a long spelling out of letters and nu numbers that occur too fast for me to recognize or copy.   Anyone know how to cure this? Thanks, Tom

.

Dan Longmore

Same here.

From: T. Civitello [mailto:tcivi31@...]