Topics

moderated Moving Between Se`ctions in a Word Document

Dani Pagador

Hi, Everyone.
Using JFW2018 and Word2016 with Win10. I have a large document with
multiple sections that I need to look through. When I do an Ins+F1 JFW
tells me what section I'm on and describes its margins; it also tells
me how many sections my document has. But it seems there is no
keystroke to move between sections. Is that right?

Thanks,
Dani

Mike B

Hi Dani,

I'm not a big Word user, but I do read and have saved a lot of Word notes and I can't find a note on, or about navigating by Section.  While in a Word DOCX try pressing either, Insert + H  or,  Insert + W, for a bunch of keystrokes.

Using JFW2018 and Word2016 with Win10. I have a large document with
multiple sections that I need to look through. When I do an Ins+F1 JFW
tells me what section I'm on and describes its margins; it also tells
me how many sections my document has. But it seems there is no
keystroke to move between sections. Is that right?

Thanks,
Dani

Mike B

Hi again Dani,

I posted your question to another list and here's a reply:
You can do this by using the “Go To” utility in MS Word.
Open the Go To dialog using CTRL + G..
Beware that the Go To utility is a floating dialog, that remains open while in use.  You will need to use CTRL + Tab, to move between the dialog and the document.  When finished using the Go To utility, return focus to the Go To utility, and close it using CTRL + F4.

HTH.

- Brad -

Using JFW2018 and Word2016 with Win10. I have a large document with
multiple sections that I need to look through. When I do an Ins+F1 JFW
tells me what section I'm on and describes its margins; it also tells
me how many sections my document has. But it seems there is no
keystroke to move between sections. Is that right?

Thanks,
Dani

Mike B

Okay, yet another reply:
From: Brian Lee

One thing you can do is use either function key 5 or CTRL with G, type in the letter S followed by the section number you want to go to and then press enter key.  If you use the letter S followed by a plus or minus sign followed by a number you will move by the number of sections you specified.  For example, if you are in section 2 and you press F5 and type in S+3, when you press enter key you will be at the beginning of section 5.  If you are in section 5 and you type S followed by a minus and the number 2 you will be taken to the beginning of section 3 when you press enter key.

Take care.

Brian Lee

brianllee@...

Using JFW2018 and Word2016 with Win10. I have a large document with
multiple sections that I need to look through. When I do an Ins+F1 JFW
tells me what section I'm on and describes its margins; it also tells
me how many sections my document has. But it seems there is no
keystroke to move between sections. Is that right?

Thanks,
Dani

Dani Pagador

Awesome, Mike. Thanks so much, and please thank both Brian and Brad for me.

More Later,
Dani

Okay, yet another reply: