Topics

moderated Migrating to a New Computer

Thabo Baseki

Hello friends!

I am planning to move to a new PC and I have to questions.

  1. I am using an ILM license of JAWS and I misplaced the paper which has my license key. Is there a way I can activate JAWS in a new PC?
  2. I forgot how I migrate my JAWS settings files to the new machine. Will you please remind me?

Thank you so much!

Best

Thabo

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Chris Hill

I don't know about the first one, but in the utilities menu is import and export settings.  I'd export the settings to a usb drive and then import them on the new machine.

On 6/22/2020 07:09, Thabo Baseki wrote:

Hello friends!

I am planning to move to a new PC and I have to questions.

  1. I am using an ILM license of JAWS and I misplaced the paper which has my license key. Is there a way I can activate JAWS in a new PC?
  2. I forgot how I migrate my JAWS settings files to the new machine. Will you please remind me?

Thank you so much!

Best

Thabo

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Thabo Baseki

Yeah, exactly!

I never had the idea of exporting the settings to a USB device. Thank you so much.

Best

I don't know about the first one, but in the utilities menu is import and export settings.  I'd export the settings to a usb drive and then import them on the new machine.

On 6/22/2020 07:09, Thabo Baseki wrote:

Hello friends!

I am planning to move to a new PC and I have to questions.

  1. I am using an ILM license of JAWS and I misplaced the paper which has my license key. Is there a way I can activate JAWS in a new PC?
  2. I forgot how I migrate my JAWS settings files to the new machine. Will you please remind me?

Thank you so much!

Best

Thabo

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

David Griffith

In relation to getting your licence key I think you need to contact your original Jaws distributor and ask them to email it to you again. I know of no other way of extracting this information  but others Amy be able to help.
2. You can save your configuration in Jaws but I will have. To check exactly how as I a not currently on my windows machine  - if nobody answers.
 I will check later.D
David Griffith

On 22 Jun 2020, at 13:09, Thabo Baseki <THAB0.BASEKI@...> wrote:

Hello friends!

I am planning to move to a new PC and I have to questions.

  1. I am using an ILM license of JAWS and I misplaced the paper which has my license key. Is there a way I can activate JAWS in a new PC?
  2. I forgot how I migrate my JAWS settings files to the new machine. Will you please remind me?
Thank you so much!

Best

Thabo

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mario

for the first question, if you are referring to the 20 character authorization code, and if you still have the authorization CD, on the CD is a .FSAC file. the name of that file is the authorization code. however if you don't have the CD, you might be able to obtain the code from FS tech support sent to you to you via an email.

I don't know about the first one, but in the utilities menu is import
and export settings.  I'd export the settings to a usb drive and then
import them on the new machine.

On 6/22/2020 07:09, Thabo Baseki wrote:

Hello friends!

I am planning to move to a new PC and I have to questions.

1. I am using an ILM license of JAWS and I misplaced the paper which
has my license key. Is there a way I can activate JAWS in a new PC?
2. I forgot how I migrate my JAWS settings files to the new machine.
Will you please remind me?

Thank you so much!

Best

Thabo

Windows 10

Thabo Baseki

OK! Thank you everyone for your responses. Yes Mario! I have this CD with me, I will be sure to use it. I had kupgraded to the 2020 version though, I hope it still works.

JAWS certified-2020

I don't know about the first one, but in the utilities menu is import
and export settings.  I'd export the settings to a usb drive and then
import them on the new machine.

On 6/22/2020 07:09, Thabo Baseki wrote:

Hello friends!

I am planning to move to a new PC and I have to questions.

  1. I am using an ILM license of JAWS and I misplaced the paper which
     has my license key. Is there a way I can activate JAWS in a new PC?
  2. I forgot how I migrate my JAWS settings files to the new machine.
     Will you please remind me?

Thank you so much!

Best

Thabo

Sent from Mail <https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgo.microsoft.com%2Ffwlink%2F%3FLinkId%3D550986&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Cba0d7a2316544dcb3b1008d816af7b6f%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637284290227888963&amp;sdata=uatVwXuAn0MRfUW97R6mBFNXBsEmfUwOi8HhbV4jyDU%3D&amp;reserved=0> for
Windows 10

WESLEY BURDEN

As long as you know your serial number to jaws freedom scientific can send
you the code by email.

I don't know about the first one, but in the utilities menu is import and
export settings.  I'd export the settings to a usb drive and then import
them on the new machine.

On 6/22/2020 07:09, Thabo Baseki wrote:

Hello friends!

I am planning to move to a new PC and I have to questions.

1. I am using an ILM license of JAWS and I misplaced the paper which
has my license key. Is there a way I can activate JAWS in a new PC?
2. I forgot how I migrate my JAWS settings files to the new machine.
Will you please remind me?

Thank you so much!

Best

Thabo

10

Thabo Baseki

Alright! That helps a lot.

[...]

Sent from Mail <https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgo.microsoft.com%2Ffwlink%2F%3FLinkId%3D550986&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Cd3cbd46caece4ebff6c708d816b1dcc4%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637284300449044348&amp;sdata=PCeoL%2BIQhl6GwQVepa4o8pygRtqEmddZnh%2FsJHR4Z5E%3D&amp;reserved=0> for Windows
10