From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jed Barton
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2020 1:25 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: microsoft word question

Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing well. OK, so i haven't used word in a while
but now i need to.
Someone sent me a .docs file.
So i opened it with no problem.
When i arrow down it keeps saying table this and that, keeps saying
table, row, column, and all that. What is the best way i can get to
reading the text in the file?

Cheers,

Jed

Jed Barton

is this pretty common? So do you start a document, or do you paste it
pretty much in the same document?

On 1/17/20, Tim Ford <ttford@...> wrote:
Press control + A to select all text, control x to cut/remove, then instead
of the standard control + v to paste, press control + alt + v for the
special paste command. This last step will place you in a vertical list
box, arrow down to "Unformatted Unicode Text", which for me is at the
bottom. Press enter. Wait for a good 10-20 seconds, since larger files
take a while to process. You will end up with a very clean text-only
format. Good luck!

Tim Ford

Hope everyone is doing well. OK, so i haven't used word in a while
but now i need to.
Someone sent me a .docs file.
So i opened it with no problem.
When i arrow down it keeps saying table this and that, keeps saying
table, row, column, and all that. What is the best way i can get to
reading the text in the file?

Cheers,

Jed

Jed Barton

When i do control x it says nothing. When i do control alt v, it also
does nothing. Any ideas?

On 1/17/20, Jed Barton <jed@...> wrote:
[...]

Adrian Spratt

When this happens to me, I need to unload and reload JAWS. Have you done that?

Hope everyone is doing well. OK, so i haven't used word in a while
but now i need to.
Someone sent me a .docs file.
So i opened it with no problem.
When i arrow down it keeps saying table this and that, keeps saying
table, row, column, and all that. What is the best way i can get to
reading the text in the file?

Cheers,

Jed

Marianne Denning

It is probably in protected view. To get it out of protected view hit F6 and it will talk about being sure the document came from a trusted source. Tab one time and you should hear enable editing. Hit enter. If you want to keep the document go through the usual saving process.