moderated Microsoft teams and Jaws

Bonnie Vegiard

Good morning everyone,
At my new job I need to use Microsoft teams regularly. I’m trying to go through the Freedom scientific resources on YouTube and the webinars about it, but there is a lot of material there, and things do keep changing. Yesterday I listened to a YouTube about Jaws 2021 that said there’s a setting where you can put a Microsoft teams call into a separate window, and then your hotkeys would be available. But when I went to look in teams 2022, that setting did not appear to be there. Does anyone know, are the calls already in a separate window, or is there someway for me to make the hotkeys more accessible on a call?

Thank you, Bonnie

Bonnie Vegiard, LCSW

Michael Mote

Hi Bonnie. When I use teams, if I am in a call, it is normally in a
separate window from the regular Teams program. If you use it a lot,
you might consider downloading the scripts for Teams from Doug Lee's
web-site. They make Teams work better from what I can tell. Teams is
hard to get used to, and quite honestly, not as good as Zoom in my
humble opinion. That is not saying that you can't use it effectively,
but Zoom is easier.

On 4/28/22, Bonnie Vegiard <bonnievegiard@...> wrote:
Good morning everyone,
At my new job I need to use Microsoft teams regularly. I’m trying to go
through the Freedom scientific resources on YouTube and the webinars about
it, but there is a lot of material there, and things do keep changing.
Yesterday I listened to a YouTube about Jaws 2021 that said there’s a
setting where you can put a Microsoft teams call into a separate window, and
then your hotkeys would be available. But when I went to look in teams 2022,
that setting did not appear to be there. Does anyone know, are the calls
already in a separate window, or is there someway for me to make the hotkeys
more accessible on a call?

Thank you, Bonnie

Bonnie Vegiard, LCSW

Bonnie Vegiard

Thanks. I work for the VA, so we will see if the government allows me to install the Scripps! I’m not thrilled about needing to use this program, but it is definitely one of the things that is out there and I need to figure this out. Thanks for the tip.

Bonnie Vegiard, LCSW

On Apr 28, 2022, at 8:28 AM, Michael Mote <miketmote73@...> wrote:

[...]

Michael Walker

It would seem you should be able to get the scripts as a reasonable accommodation. If not, you’re on the right track going through the Freedomscientific material.

On Apr 28, 2022, at 7:57 AM, Bonnie Vegiard <bonnievegiard@...> wrote:

[...]

Marten Post Uiterweer

Hi Bonnie,

I am using teams frequently and every day and are using the scripts that
are standard included in Jaws.
Ok, I have made some scripts myself.

The option to use chats in a separate window is in the teams settings
window.
You will go to teams settings by pressing ctrl-comma.
You will land on the general tab and press a few times tab to reach tthe
setting that says something like:
Open chat in a separate window.
Check this option and tab to close and enter.

Kind regards, Marten

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 08:24:06 -0400 "Bonnie Vegiard" <bonnievegiard@...> wrote:

Good morning everyone,
At my new job I need to use Microsoft teams regularly. I’m trying to go through the Freedom scientific resources on YouTube and the webinars about it, but there is a lot of material there, and things do keep changing. Yesterday I listened to a YouTube about Jaws 2021 that said there’s a setting where you can put a Microsoft teams call into a separate window, and then your hotkeys would be available. But when I went to look in teams 2022, that setting did not appear to be there. Does anyone know, are the calls already in a separate window, or is there someway for me to make the hotkeys more accessible on a call?

Thank you, Bonnie

Bonnie Vegiard, LCSW

Hank William Merchant <hank_w@...>

Good morning,

I also will need to use ms teams every day in my job that I will be starting soon. Can someone maybe please tell me the web address for Doug Lee's web site so I can download these ms teams jaws scripts mentioned below? Thanks muchly in advance for any possible help with this.

Kindest regards,

Hank

[...]

Hi there. The address for Doug Lee's site is below:
https://dlee.org/

[...]

Very helpful, thank you!

Bonnie Vegiard, LCSW

On May 4, 2022, at 3:59 PM, Jeff Christiansen <jeff@...> wrote:

here is a link for overall help using Teams with JAWS
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/accessibility-support-for-microsoft-teams-d12ee53f-d15f-445e-be8d-f0ba2c5ee68f

the quick start guide
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/quick-start-guide-using-microsoft-teams-with-a-screen-reader-c065927a-3c43-4a09-9ad3-d5ecf0c0f8a0#PickTab=Windows

finally, the keyboard shortcuts