moderated Microsoft Office re-cycled licences

tom x <ballistic719@...>

Hi,

My Microsoft Office 2013 is giving me all sorts of grief so went looking for a later version with a re-cycled licence but was unable to find any on Ebay.

Aren't versions with re-cycled licences available any more?

Does anyone know if Office 2013 for small business will still work on an up to date Windows 10, 64 bit system?

If the re-cycled  licences are no longer available and 2013 will still work on W10 then I may need to un-install my 2013 copy and re-install it again.  Unfortunately trying the Office repair both off line and on line got me nowhere.

Thanks

Tom

Cornelius

Office 2013will still work on windows 10. Perhaps you can also look for office 2019 to make sure you can use it for couple more years.

My Microsoft Office 2013 is giving me all sorts of grief so went looking
for a later version with a re-cycled licence but was unable to find any
on Ebay.

Aren't versions with re-cycled licences available any more?

Does anyone know if Office 2013 for small business will still work on an
up to date Windows 10, 64 bit system?

If the re-cycled licences are no longer available and 2013 will still
work on W10 then I may need to un-install my 2013 copy and re-install it
again. Unfortunately trying the Office repair both off line and on line
got me nowhere.

Thanks

Tom

Milton Ota

Yes, it will still work but remember that Microsoft will soon stop support of Office 2013. If you are having trouble, I would consider upgrading to Microsoft 365 and should you be updating your operating system to Windows 11 you will be good for a much longer period.

Office 2013will still work on windows 10. Perhaps you can also look for office 2019 to make sure you can use it for couple more years.

My Microsoft Office 2013 is giving me all sorts of grief so went looking
for a later version with a re-cycled licence but was unable to find any
on Ebay.

Aren't versions with re-cycled licences available any more?

Does anyone know if Office 2013 for small business will still work on an
up to date Windows 10, 64 bit system?

If the re-cycled licences are no longer available and 2013 will still
work on W10 then I may need to un-install my 2013 copy and re-install it
again. Unfortunately trying the Office repair both off line and on line
got me nowhere.

Thanks

Tom

Curtis Chong

Tom:

If I may express a personal suggestion, I recommend getting Microsoft 365, the personal license subscription. This will cost you around $70 per year, but this has the advantage of being continually updated over time, thus having the very real possibility of squashing accessibility bugs.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

On Sat, Apr 2, 2022 at 06:09 AM, tom x wrote:
Aren't versions with re-cycled licences available any more?
-
No, for all practical intents and purposes.

I used to purchase grey market recycled licenses from decommissioned machines with some regularity and nine times out of ten had no problem activating them.  Over the last several years that "nine times out of ten" became just the opposite - they could not be activated.

I personally prefer the one-shot installed versions of MS Office myself, but have come to the conclusion that unless you are able to purchase these directly from Microsoft or a known legitimate reseller there's almost no chance of getting a grey market license anymore, and particularly from eBay.  If you put watches on these listings they are almost always taken down, by eBay, in very short order which tells you that the sellers are crooks who are either pirating or selling known bad keys.  It's not illegal in the EU to resell licenses but I think the market for that has now been cornered by business-to-business aggregators/resellers.

If you happen to know of several (up to 5) other people willing to go in on a pool for the 6-seat license for Microsoft 365 it's an absolute steal that comes out to about $13 per person, per year, for each seat.  It takes a very long time to spend what you do for a legit license of the standalone installed "year designated" Office version if you have just a couple of people who want to go in together.

Friendship. . . Intimacy, untroubled by eros.

         ~ Kim Chernin

Kelly Pierce

I obtained an install of Office 2016 from my local independent
computer repairman. After I registered it with my Microsoft ID, it
stopped working after a couple of months. I took my computer back to
his storefront shop, he reinstalled it and told me not to log in and
just use the program without a Microsoft ID.

Kelly

[...]

crayton Benner <craybay3198@...>

That, and the fact that it seems like it gets updates before the version where you would use a key to activate.

On Apr 2, 2022, at 11:14, Curtis Chong <chong.curtis@...> wrote:

[...]

I also prefer the one-shot installed versions of MS Office as most of the time all I need is just Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook, not to mentioned about forgetting yearly renewal.
I think you could still try out those recycled licence if it is cheap enough that you do not feel the pain of losing.

[...]

Thanks very much Brian and others  for your comments.

I don't use Office often enough to warrant the annual cost of 365 so I'll   think about trying to get 2013 to work again before giving up on it.

Thanks

Tom

On 3/04/2022 1:54 am, Brian Vogel wrote:
[...]

Cristóbal

Every blue moon I’ll see a deal pop up on one of the DealNews or SlickDeals or TechBargains sites for Office lifetime licenses for anywhere from $35 to $50, but as I’m not currently in the need of one, I’m not really   actively on the lookout for them. you can keep tabs on those types of sites as well.

[...]

JM Casey

I got one a few years ago. It works but at some point something went wrong and it kept needing to be repaired, and now I get a nag screen about something being wrong with my office license. It thankfully goes away once I press the esc key, but yeah I guess it is toucha nd go with these things.