Topics

moderated Microsoft Office 2019 and latest Jaws

Jim L

Heya folks,

Was just wondering if this is happening to anybody else with Microsoft Office 2019 and latest Jaws.

One out of 4 times I exit out of Outlook 2019, Outlook crashes and then pops up the dialog box to choose my email account I want loaded again. I have tested this with NVDA a couple of times and there’s no Outlook 2019 crash when using that screen reader.

Anybody else encounting this? Initially I thought an Outlook update may fix it but am more thinking now its Jaws causing it.

Am using windows 10 Pro, I’ve also created a new database as suggested in a forum but Outlook still crashes the same.

Any input or feedback from other Office 2019 users will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Leo

Hello Jim,

I’m using Jaws February 2021, and office 2019, but I haven’t come across the problem you described in outlook. However,

I’m having a kind of  a similar problem with Word. When I’m working in a document, all of a sudden, Jaws does not respond anymore, and  if I wait for Jaws to respond, after few second, Word crashes. So, when this happens, I quickly restart Jaws using control plus alt plus J. I can’t really tell if Jaws is causing the problem since  I haven’t tried out NVDA, but yesterday an update for Office was released, and I expected to fixed  this problem, but it didn’t…

Best,

     Leo Bado.

Was just wondering if this is happening to anybody else with Microsoft Office 2019 and latest Jaws.

One out of 4 times I exit out of Outlook 2019, Outlook crashes and then pops up the dialog box to choose my email account I want loaded again. I have tested this with NVDA a couple of times and there’s no Outlook 2019 crash when using that screen reader.

Anybody else encounting this? Initially I thought an Outlook update may fix it but am more thinking now its Jaws causing it.

Am using windows 10 Pro, I’ve also created a new database as suggested in a forum but Outlook still crashes the same.

Any input or feedback from other Office 2019 users will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Dan Longmore

Hi,

I don’t have that issue but JAWS and Office 365 have different glitches at times.  I understand no software is perfect and yet I hope that JAWS developers will focus more on making JAWS better with standard programs such as Office.

Dan