moderated MeWe

marilyn

Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn

Bill Tessore

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore
billtessore@...

On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn

Andy

I was ready to download Parlar until i saw a review on the app store that said that it is inaccessible for blind users because in order to join you need to solve an inaccessible CAPTCHA

Andy
.

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.

Bill Tessore
billtessore@...

On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn

John Covici

I used aira to solve the captcha and also complained to support -- see
what happens.

[1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]

billtessore@gmail.com

On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:14 PM, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello all,

I’ve never even heard of this app before I was asked to join it. What do you know about it? Any users? Opinions?

Thanks.

Marilyn

[2 <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Andy

Well, it's academic now, as Apple withdrew it from the app store.

Andy

[...]

Andy, have you tried entering http://www.parler.com into your search engine to try logging on from the main page? if you want to use it, then I suggest doing that first before giving up.

Shalom,

Bill Tessore
billtessore@gmail.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Covici" <covici@ccs.covici.com>

----- Original Message ----- From: Bill Tessore
[...]

That is just the app, you can still use your browser, unless they take
down the hosting provider.

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 02:32:16 -0500,
Andy wrote:

[...]

Hope Williamson

I've also contacted support about that whole thing, they never responded.

On 1/10/2021 12:10 AM, Bill Tessore wrote:
[...]

I just went there, and it appears to be functional at this time.

[...]

Supposedly Amazon Web Services was going to take down the site, but i just checked it, and the web site still works.

Andy

[...]

Randy Barnett

Randy Barnett

All I know is it’s a social media site inspired by the increasingly blatant sensorial actions of Big Tech against users with opinions that contrast with the alt-left views of those companies’ positions, particularly with regard to political matters. Others are Parler and of course the first thing that happens is it gets labeled violent hate side and gets pulled! you're not gonna have free speech in this country it's already getting to wear certain part of the population is not allowed to have an opinion. no matter what you think of the president the fact that companies can ban the presidential office from having their voice heard it is crazy!.com and Gab.com. Also there’s a search engine that does NOT artificially search results based on how closely sites/companies adhere to, or how sharply others diverge from similarly far left ideals, like Google. com does. Shalom.