moderated Message from Google Chrome

kevin meyers

Hi, I have the most recent version of Google Chrome. I go to my health insurance web site and I enter my user id and password. I then get the message “This site can access your location, change this setting in the address bar.” I looked in settings for something to make some type of change and couldn’t find anything. Well I wasn’t sure what I was looking to change. I cleared out browsing data and the message still appears. I’m taken back to the log on screen and each time I enter my user id and password the message still appears. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Kevin

Don H

try with another browser

On 4/8/2022 7:00 PM, kevin meyers wrote:
Hi, I have the most recent version of Google Chrome. I go to my health
insurance web site and I enter my user id and password. I then get the
message “This site can access your location, change this setting in the
address bar.” I looked in settings for something to make some type of
change and couldn’t find anything. Well I wasn’t sure what I was looking
to change. I cleared out browsing data and the message still appears.
I’m taken back to the log on screen and each time I enter my user id and
password the message still appears. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Kevin

Larry Wayland

I am seeing the same thing in Google chrome and I just ignore it. I have no idea why it is there or what to do about it.
I figure it will be fixed in the next update.
Larry

On 4/8/2022 7:00 PM, kevin meyers wrote:
Hi, I have the most recent version of Google Chrome. I go to my health
insurance web site and I enter my user id and password. I then get the
message “This site can access your location, change this setting in
the address bar.” I looked in settings for something to make some type
of change and couldn’t find anything. Well I wasn’t sure what I was
looking to change. I cleared out browsing data and the message still appears.
I’m taken back to the log on screen and each time I enter my user id
and password the message still appears. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Kevin

Don H

I have had this same kind of issue when going to certain bank sites and
insurance sites. Was able to get past it by using Firefox instead of a
chrome based browser.

On 4/8/2022 7:28 PM, Larry Wayland wrote:
I am seeing the same thing in Google chrome and I just ignore it. I have no idea why it is there or what to do about it.
I figure it will be fixed in the next update.
Larry

On 4/8/2022 7:00 PM, kevin meyers wrote:
Hi, I have the most recent version of Google Chrome. I go to my health
insurance web site and I enter my user id and password. I then get the
message “This site can access your location, change this setting in
the address bar.” I looked in settings for something to make some type
of change and couldn’t find anything. Well I wasn’t sure what I was
looking to change. I cleared out browsing data and the message still appears.
I’m taken back to the log on screen and each time I enter my user id
and password the message still appears. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Kevin

Mike B.

Here's a method of turning this off from a fellow list member:

From: Marten Post Uiterweer
Hi,
Here are instructions for Edge, but in Chrome and other  Chromium browsers
it is allmost the same.
In Edge go to the address bar with, Alt + D, and press, Shift + Tab.
You will land on a button that says something like, View site information
Press enter and arrow down.
You will  get something like: location
and arrow down again to: location allow
Press enter and change it to block and press enter.
Close Edge and it will be solved.

Regards, Marten

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Hi, I have the most recent version of Google Chrome. I go to my health insurance web site and I enter my user id and password. I then get the message “This site can access your location, change this setting in the address bar.” I looked in settings for something to make some type of change and couldn’t find anything. Well I wasn’t sure what I was looking to change. I cleared out browsing data and the message still appears. I’m taken back to the log on screen and each time I enter my user id and password the message still appears. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Kevin

Judy

Hi, I’ve been getting the same thing when on a website like banking, and as Mike sent you, you can turn it off so that the website can’t find your location, but honestly with my bank or shopping online at a local store, it is good that they find your location. So I just ignore it. Judy & Libby

Hi, I have the most recent version of Google Chrome. I go to my health insurance web site and I enter my user id and password. I then get the message “This site can access your location, change this setting in the address bar.” I looked in settings for something to make some type of change and couldn’t find anything. Well I wasn’t sure what I was looking to change. I cleared out browsing data and the message still appears. I’m taken back to the log on screen and each time I enter my user id and password the message still appears. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Kevin

kevin meyers

Hi Brian,

I followed your steps and I still get the message. I uninstalled Google Chrome and reinstalled. I followed your steps  and I still get the message. I used Firefox and I don’t get this message. I did talked to text support at my insurance company and was told it is a Chrome issue since I was able to use FireFox. I went back to Chrome and went to other sites and I don’t get this message. Any thoughts of what I could now do?

Thanks,

On Sat, Apr 9, 2022 at 12:11 PM, kevin meyers wrote:
Any thoughts of what I could now do?
-
No, because if you've blocked Chrome from asking to allow location sharing, it's not Chrome that's presenting this question.

The steps I gave are an "absolute block."  If followed, Chrome will not ask for location sharing.

The only thing I can suggest is doing the check I mentioned in step #6.  If that site was somehow already allowed it might ask again, but that shouldn't happen, either, since if allowed it doesn't need to ask, it just grabs the location of the device.

     ~ Lauren Bacall

Bill White

Hi, Kevin. I have tried to call you a few times. If I can talk to you, I can help you rid yourself of this issue.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

Steve Nutt

Of course, if you block your location like that, you may impact the way some sites work that may need it.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

Here's a method of turning this off from a fellow list member: