moderated Marking Text To Clipboard

mona

I am using jaws 2021, windows ten and have questions.

The sentences that I am playing with are:

Now is the time for all good bears to sleep.  Also now is the time for Tyrell to sleep.

I find the words “all good bears” at the beginning of the word all I type control windows and the letter K.  After the word Bears, I type the insert key, spacebar, and the letter m.  I type a control and the letter C.  It copies it.

Then I go to the second sentence and find the word Tyrell.  At the beginning of the word Tyrell, again I type control windows and the letter K  and at the end of the word Tyrell I type insert spacebar and the letter m.  I then type a control c but it copies the end of that sentence not just the word Tyrell.  I’m like to append Tyrell to the already copied words all good bears.  What am I doing wrong?  I think this is neat and thank you gentlemen for bringing this feature up.

Help

Mona

Mike B.

Use the keystroke, Insert, Windows key + C, to append to clipboard.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

[...]

Hi Mona,

Here's the help file from FS for the append to clipboard feature:

 The append text to clipboard keystroke has changed in later versions of Jaws to, Insert / Jaws Key, Windows Key, + C.

Using FSClipboard
FSClipboard extends the functionality of the Windows Clipboard. When you use
the Windows Copy (CTRL+C) or Cut (CTRL+X) commands to place text on the
Clipboard, it replaces any text already there. When using the FSClipboard
feature, text that you copy is added to any text that you have previously
copied to the Clipboard. This allows you to continue adding text to the
Clipboard until you are ready to paste it into a document. You can only copy
text with the FSClipboard feature.

To add text to the Clipboard, select it using the text selection commands,
and then press WINDOWS Key+C. The text is appended to the end of any text
already on the Clipboard. To paste all the text that you have placed on the
Clipboard so far, use the Windows Paste command (CTRL+V). The text is
inserted into your document at the current location of the cursor. Each
block of text that you copied is separated by a blank line.

Note: If you attempt to add the same selection of text to the Clipboard more
than once, the text is not added. This feature is intended to reduce
unintentional duplication.

All formatting is removed from text that you copy using the FSClipboard
feature. This can be useful in programs like Microsoft Word if you do not
want to include styles, numbering, and other formatting information when you
paste text into a document.

If you want to replace all of the text on the Clipboard with a new text
selection, use CTRL+C or CTRL+X instead of WINDOWS Key+C. JAWS asks if you
want to overwrite your previously saved items. Choose Yes to replace all the
text on the Clipboard with the new selection.
To view what has been appended on
the clipboard, press insert plus space bar plus c.

[...]

Curtis Chong

Hello Mona:

The goal, as I read your email, is to generate “all good bears Tyrell”.

For reference, the two lines you have are as follows.

Now is the time for all good bears to sleep.  Also now is the time for Tyrell to sleep.

The second half, where you want to append Tyrell to the Clipboard, is the problem. Highlight Tyrell and then press the JAWS key along with the windows key and the letter c. This is the “append” to clipboard function.

When I did this, I notice that for whatever reason, a return character is appended to the first segment.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

[...]

Glenn / Lenny

One thing I do when selecting text, is always keep my finger on the shift and left arrow to unselect spaces and return codes that might be following what I have selected.
This problem also plagues the sighted too, because spaces look like nothing but empty space and they don't notice it getting picked up with the text.
Glenn